Pin to Taskbar - Start in folder ignored RRS feed

• Question

• I have encountered numerous issues with pinning items to taskbar but the following two are most irritating and most likely related.

Pinned program whose executable starts in one directory but whose working directory is different.  If I start the program from the taskbar it refuses to pick up the working directory even though it is in the properties.  This causes the program to not function correctly because it will not pick up the system values as it does not have access to the correct files.

If a pin a shortcut to a program whose target contain values that s/b applied before launching the main program - ie IBM iseries emulator, which links to a specific system before starting the basic emulator program, if I click on it only the basic program is lauched.  Then because none of the values come with it, I would have to select all the startup items before it is lauched and I can log into the system I need.  I want to be able to have one click access to lauch it correctly and not have to right-click to pick the item from a menu.

I never had any of these issues with XP from the lauch bar - all the values that I needed were picked up at lauch time.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:51 PM

All replies

• Work around!

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1011544

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:52 PM