none
Incremental Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is there a way to tell if the incremental option is on or off after the migration has started?

Is it on by default? Using version 2.68.1

I started an a 100GB migration and will need to do incremental, want to make sure it's available.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Kalter,

I'm a communications rep with AvePoint. To answer your question, the incremental migration option is ON by default. You can go to Settings, enable incremental migration to change this.

This has to be ON before the initial migration job is submitted. When that finishes, you need to click YES when a prompt appears asking if you want to keep the data for future incremental runs.

For more information please see: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-use-the-SharePoint-Migration-Tool-65462df1-42fe-40cf-88f7-e39f82f5130f
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

You can look into the Settings Section of the Application to verify your settings.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:35 AM
  • I did that and it is creating json files, but they do not remain on the task list and I can't get them to execute again.

I am running v2.1.100.1

edit: I found where to select an existing JSON file, but it tells me "The json format in invalid" so I am stuck.

• Edited by CentexKurt Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:17 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 9:19 PM