Portal display is off at specific resolution RRS feed

• Question

• If I start to make the portal wider or smaller by dragging the mouse along the side of Internet Explorer, at one specific resolution the portal no longer displays properly. I simply have a white screen with the company name at the top instead of the portal. I noticed this because the magic resolution happens to be when I snap IE to the side and it only takes up half my screen. If I then manually make the IE window wider or smaller, the portal displays properly.

Friday, January 29, 2016 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the new HTML5 based Self-Service Portal?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 1, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Yes, the new portal with the newest patch. 

I didn't notice it before the patch, but I can't verify the patch caused it since I wasn't looking for it before. I do know it happens in the dev environment (which is a standard install with no customizations) and in my production environment which has a few customizations. 

Monday, February 1, 2016 7:14 PM
  • I'm facing the same issue. When the browser width is around 1000px everything falls apart. Make it a bit smaller and everything is OK. Make it a bit larger and everything is OK. This happens in all of the browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox).
    Monday, February 1, 2016 7:32 PM
  • This is happening due to minimum resolution supported for desktop of width 1024 pixel. This restriction is placed in first line of Content\main.css -

@media screen and (min-width: 1024px)

Next supported resolution (For tablet) starts with < 900 px. Hence you see unusable UI in between.

To avoid this problem in between these resolution just make following change in first line of main.css -
    @media screen and (min-width: 901px)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:18 PM
  • This didn't fix the issue. I also recycled the IIS pool and deleted the cache from my browser.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:42 PM