none
How do I change the owner of the Active Directory Resource Pool Synchronization automated job? RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010

The current owner of the Active Directory Resource Pool Synchronization job is no longer active in Project Server which has caused some issues. I am the new Admin over the system and thought if I ran the job manually it would reassign the ownership of the task to me. Since the job runs under the credentials of the owner, we're getting some errors.

Let me know if any more information would be helpful!

Thank you

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:52 PM

All replies

• It is not enough to just run the job manually, you need to pick a time and set the schedule for automatic execution. At that point, your credentials are stored with the timer job.

Normally, anyone currently having an active account in the AD has sufficient rights for reading entries in the AD, but that might be altered by the AD admins.

I would suggest using, e.g.: the workflow account configured for the PWA instance, or another "non-flesh-and-blood" account. Log in to PWA using that account, set the schedule for AD sync and log off.

/Lars Hammarberg, Acando

//Lars Hammarberg www.acando.se

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Hello,

In Project server when any timer jobs are set they use current logged in account

Log to PWA site using farm account or Primary PWA admin account. Disable ERP AD Sync job and re-enabled it again.

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:45 PM
  • Hello, thank you for your suggestion - but this failed to change the owner for me. I tried disabling and re-enabling as well as changing the date, then saving. The job is still running under the previous user's account though.
    • Edited by mcarderw Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:11 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:00 PM
  • Have you look at the ULS Logs? When the job stops, display any errors?
    Friday, October 30, 2015 1:55 PM