none
MDT 2013: start en PSEXEC command RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I use MDT 2013 to deploy Windows 7. Almost everything goes good. 

On this moment I use PDQ Deploy (great tool btw) to deploy and update all my applications. But it has to be start manually. But PDQ has also a command line option. I have to run this command:

psexec \\SERVERNAMEPDQ -h -accepteula "c:\program files (x86)\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Deploy\pdqdeploy.exe" Deploy -Package "PACKAGE NAME" -Targets %COMPUTERNAME%

So I installed psexec on the MDT server in C:\Windows\System32\.

I'm not very familiar with the task sequense, but after some reading I added a new "Run Command Line" to the Custom Task (State Restore):

But I get an error on the end of the deployment:

Command line execution failed: (80070002)
    Failed to run the action: Start PDQ Deploy
    Unknown error (Error: 80070002; Source: Unknown)

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by Koosvd Monday, August 10, 2015 12:56 PM typo
    Monday, August 10, 2015 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the PSEXEC file must be accessible on the system that the task sequence is running on. 

i.e. if you are building a system named VM1 then VM1 must be able to run psexec, having it installed on the MDT server in C:\Windows\System32 won't help I'm afraid given VM1 is unable to see this location.

You could either install psexec onto your VM at deploy time (before running the command you reference above.

Or alternatively, what I'd suggest is placing psexec into your {deploymentshare}\Scripts and running the command line as

"%scriptroot%\psexec.exe" \\SERVERNAMEPDQ -h -accepteula "c:\program files (x86)\Admin Arsenal\PDQ Deploy\pdqdeploy.exe" Deploy -Package "PACKAGE NAME" -Targets %COMPUTERNAME%

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Thanks for your answer Andrew, I will try it tomorrow. 
    Monday, August 10, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Yeah 80007002 is usually the code for file not found.  You might be better off installing PDQ under the MDT server under the Applications folder, and have it call PDQDEPLOY from there.  My guess is that you will get the path corrected but I don't think PSEXEC is going to return anything back for MDT to continue deployment.  You're also opening another install thread that MDT won't see.  If MDT can run PDQDEPLOY.exe as an application with switches seen above, and can source to the data under the Applications folder, it might work otherwise.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:56 PM