none
How do I change the time zone? RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason the current date time on Project is 7 hours off. Is there a way I can fix the time zone? My computer is showing the correct time as well.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 12:53 AM

Answers

• Ivcota,

The "current date" will display the start time of the working calendar, which is by default 8:00AM. So even if it is May 1st at 7:00PM (real time), the current date will show May 1st at 8:00AM. That current date will update to May 2nd 8:00AM after midnight.

Is that what you mean?

John

• Edited by John - Project Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ivcota Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:39 AM

All replies

• Ivcota,

The "current date" will display the start time of the working calendar, which is by default 8:00AM. So even if it is May 1st at 7:00PM (real time), the current date will show May 1st at 8:00AM. That current date will update to May 2nd 8:00AM after midnight.

Is that what you mean?

John

• Edited by John - Project Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ivcota Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:24 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Thanks! I'm still a bit confused and new to this though. So what should I do if I wanted the time to be realtime? Sry lol
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Ivcota,

You're welcome. What exactly are you trying to do that you need the current time?

Project is a scheduling application. When you create a plan and enter a series of tasks, the start time of each task is determined by the relationship to other tasks. For the first task in the plan, it will start at 8:00AM since that is the default start time of the Standard working calendar. If you need/want it to start at a different time, you can customize the working time calendar. For example, many users create a custom calendar with the start time at 7:00AM and a finish time of 4:00PM. A custom working time calendar can be created for whatever meets your needs.

So, if we could better understand what you are trying to do, we could be of more assistance.

John

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:59 PM
  • John,

Wait a light-bulb sort of clicked. Thanks a lot for the help John!

Ivcota

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:39 AM
  • Ivcota,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, those light bulbs are great, aren't they.

John

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:56 AM