ACT - In analyze everthing at 0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I need you're help today. I'm working with Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6. I haved made my .msi, i launch that on computer by double click, the services start and in status everthig seems to be ok. So after that, i'm going to analyze and nothing! Everthing at 0 and nothing else happen. Anyone haved already seen this before?

Thanks for you're help!

Daniel

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

ACT Log Processing Service would collect data from client, then send these data to ACT database. After that, ACM would anlysis these data from database and show the results.

Troubleshoot steps should be: Check if the database can collect data. If not, please check ACT Log Processing Service can run normally. You can try to restart the ACT Log Processing Service for check.

1. In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services. The Services dialog box appears.
    2. Click the ACT Log Processing Service, and then click Restart.

Also remeber to make sure the network connection is no problem.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May i have a information about your system. As far as i know the ACT only support some systems list below:

Supported operating systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3

•Supported Database Components: Microsoft® SQL Server 2008, Microsoft® SQL Server 2005, Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
    •Miscellaneous Software Requirements: Microsoft® .NET Framework, version 3.5

Please make sure you system meet above requriments.

Also, i would like suggest you read the guide document on configuration and troubleshooting ACT issue to make sure your setting is correct.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=895

Regards.

Spencer

Monday, October 22, 2012 5:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for you're reply. 

Yes i have all requirements, i'm on Win7, SQL 2005 express edition, .net 3.5. I haved read the step by step guide before install everything but the result is the same. All report still at 0. So if you have some hint for me it will be a pleasure to read!

Thanks!

Monday, October 22, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

I suspect some information may be gathered in the ACTlog, you can try to find out if some wrong message are recorded in this log. If you have no idea, please post the log information here, i would be glad to help you analyse it.

Regards.

Spencer

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

I'm reading a log file in Failed folder. In this file there is a lot of information in a XML File. Do you need everything in that file or you need something else? If i read, i retreive all about my device, application, and file ID. I think there is a problem between log file and ACT Manager.

If you have an idea or if its that file information you need. So tell me and i will post everthing here!

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Anyone else?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

ACT Log Processing Service would collect data from client, then send these data to ACT database. After that, ACM would anlysis these data from database and show the results.

Troubleshoot steps should be: Check if the database can collect data. If not, please check ACT Log Processing Service can run normally. You can try to restart the ACT Log Processing Service for check.

1. In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services. The Services dialog box appears.
    2. Click the ACT Log Processing Service, and then click Restart.

Also remeber to make sure the network connection is no problem.

Spencer

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:52 AM