none
Route Subdomains to Sharepoint

    Question

  • I'm trying to get routing working for my subdomain.  Everything works internally but when users send from outside they get a bounce back.  I'm trying to route public email addresses to my SharePoint site. 

    I'm getting "#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##rfc822;".

    In sharepoint all my items get created with a subdomain.  Ex:  contact@sharepoint.domain.com.  In order to route some email I added a @domain.com address as well, but the primary is sharepoint.domain.com.

    So I thought that if contact@domain.com were emailed it would find it and route to contact@sharepoint.domain.com.


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

  • Have you seen this thread?

    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148/t/244726


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:06 PM
    Moderator
  • So I did find something very interesting!!!!  My contact is restricted to "Authenticated Users Only"..... 

    I've kind of been messed up with the new web interface for Exchange so when I went to looking for this setting it wasn't there.

    We actually use Active Roles so I started looking through there.  That's when I noticed that Authenticated users only was checked. 

    DOI!!!


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:07 PM

All replies

  • Where are you getting this message?

    Did you add sharepoint.domain.com as an accepted domain of type InternalRelay?

    Do you have a send connector for that domain pointed to the SharePoint server?


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:47 PM
    Moderator
  • Yes

    I have the accepted domain as:

    Name: sharepoint.domain.com
    Accepted Domain: sharepoint.domain.com
    This accepted domain is: Internal Relay

    The send connector as:

    Address Space: sharepoint.domain.com
    Source: ExchHub01,ExchHub02
    Delivery: MX ( I also did smarthost but didn't matter )


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:52 PM
  • Did you create a receive connector and enable it for relay?

    http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2013-configure-smtp-relay-connector/

    If you have a finite set of addresses, a better approach is to create mail contacts for them in Exchange.


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!


    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:04 PM
    Moderator
  • I didn't.  I didn't think I needed that.

    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:05 PM
  • I'm not sure where you're getting that message, actually.  Are you sure it's not coming from SharePoint?


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:12 PM
    Moderator
  • Yeah from the hubs.  Internally it works.


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:12 PM
  • I've seen that message when users try to send to a distribution group that requires authentication.  Are you sure that the address in question isn't attached to a distribution group?

    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:04 PM
    Moderator
  • Have you seen this thread?

    https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/148/t/244726


    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:06 PM
    Moderator
  • One more thing.  To test this, try sending a test message by opening a command window on the Exchange transport server, doing a telnet to the SharePoint server on port 25, and fat-fingering a message like the one from outside.

    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:08 PM
    Moderator
  • Wow so it's the way the contact is created!!!  Thank you for the help Ed Crowley.

    The contacts I have were created through SharePoint not through Exchange.  I created a test contact and sent an email with no bounce back. 

    I still need to trace the email and see how to associate a contact with a SharePoint repository.


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:43 PM
  • {250 2.1.5 Recipient OK} is in the message tracking logs. 

    Thanks again.


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:45 PM
  • So I did find something very interesting!!!!  My contact is restricted to "Authenticated Users Only"..... 

    I've kind of been messed up with the new web interface for Exchange so when I went to looking for this setting it wasn't there.

    We actually use Active Roles so I started looking through there.  That's when I noticed that Authenticated users only was checked. 

    DOI!!!


    David Jenkins

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Glad you got it sorted out.  Thanks for posting back.

    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:31 PM
    Moderator