PnP not identifying devices on POSready7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

Did a clean install of PosReady 7 on two different hardware platforms.

No matter what i connect to USB i get the "Device driver software not successfully installed" it is not a driver issue, we are talking plain thumb drives, keyboards, mice etc.

Rebooting the device causes a proper detection, however moving the device to another port requires another reboot.

Any ideas ?

Monday, October 31, 2011 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Terry

We found the bug, it seems that a customized installer (our sw developer homemade) wrote some registry changes that functioned well with a standard Windows 7 Prof, however running the same "hacks" on POSready causes PnP and System Restore problems.

I didnt see the clear picture until i figured it was connected to this installer.

We will continue debugging this issue, i recon the registry database somehow is different in POSready.

Thank you for taking the time to test.

Regards Jan

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:45 AM

All replies

• Jan,

We have not seen this issue before. Do you experience the same behavior when installing Windows 7 of hte device?

Please tell me about your installation. 

* Physical hardware vs virtual machine

* Hardware model

* Type of storage media & drive letter

* Attended install vs unattended unstall

* Onboard USB ports vs HUB

Thanks

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:09 AM
  • Hi Terry

It is Physical HW

PC1

Nexcom NDIS 120 http://www.nexcom.com/Products/multi-media-solutions/digital-signage-player/cost-effective-player/atom-player-ndis-120

Storage media Physical disk 2½" 120GB

PC2

Lenovo T60

Storage media Physical disk 2½" 240GB

Attended install

Onboard USB

Regards Jan

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:52 AM
  • Jan,

I have installed POSReady 7 on a Lenogo T60 and I am not encountering any problems with loading drivers.  I have successfully plugged in multiple USB Thumb Drives, a USB Mouse, and a USB Keyboard and all successfully installed drivers.  By any chance are you attempting to install multiple operating systems on these devices?  This is not a core scenario for POSReady and would not be supported by our licensing.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:07 AM
  • Hi Terry

We found the bug, it seems that a customized installer (our sw developer homemade) wrote some registry changes that functioned well with a standard Windows 7 Prof, however running the same "hacks" on POSready causes PnP and System Restore problems.

I didnt see the clear picture until i figured it was connected to this installer.

We will continue debugging this issue, i recon the registry database somehow is different in POSready.

Thank you for taking the time to test.

Regards Jan

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:45 AM