none
VPN not displaying networked computers.

Question

• We have a VPN on a Cisco RV320. We also have a WINs server set up. When I access the VPN from my windows 7 laptop I can ping our server by name and IP address. But I am not able to view any devices apart from my own on the Network Places window. When I am inside the network I am seeing all of the computers just fine. When my boss accesses the VPN from his windows 10 laptop he cannot ping our server by name but he can ping it by IP address.
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

“When my boss accesses the VPN from his windows 10 laptop he cannot ping our server by name but he can ping it by IP address.”

According to your description, he might encounter a DNS resolution issue. His device can’t resolve computer name to IP address. Try to run the following command then check the symptom again.

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -RR (release and refresh NetBIOS names)

“But I am not able to view any devices apart from my own on the Network Places window.”

Is it available to remote to those machines or access the shares on those remote  machines?

Try to disable antivirus software and firewall temporarily to check the issue again.

As you are using VPN on a Cisco RV320, it is recommend to ask for help from Cisco support as they are more familiar with their product and have more resource to help you.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:07 AM