Program displays do not refresh correctly RRS feed

• Question

• In MS Word as well as in Photoshop CS4, the display doesn't refresh. Instead I get a larger image superimposed on the earlier image but off-center. By saving or minimizing the program, the display properly refreshes for a brief period. Then, a few mouse clicks or keyboard strokes later, the same problem recurs. My drivers are up to date and this is a new issue that just arose after using Windows 7 64 bit successfully for several months.
    Monday, April 9, 2012 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems a performance issue or driver issue. Have you checked the CPU usage in Task Manager when the problem occurs?

Also, maybe you could try Clean Boot to check whether the issue still happens.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems a performance issue or driver issue. Have you checked the CPU usage in Task Manager when the problem occurs?

Also, maybe you could try Clean Boot to check whether the issue still happens.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:55 AM
  • The problem is no intermittent but infrequent. For a time I was infected with the goonsearch virus, and when that was active the display image was not. Now, mysteriously, goonsearch has evaporated and the display anomaly has receded but not quite departed. I'm thinking of starting a new religious that worships computer gremlins....

Marvin J. Wolf

Sunday, May 6, 2012 1:13 PM