none
Error event id 1025

Question

•  

I have been looking through my exchange 2007 SP1 CCR logs..running on Windows 2008 server and I have noticed an event id 1025 that comes up from time to time...it contains the following information....

An error occurred on database "Database\Mailbox Database".

Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate

Error: 0x8004010f

I have not noticed any other errors being generated on the system, and I'm wonderin if I should bothering running the integrity tools to test or not.

Please let me know if you havea receveid this error...I want to make sure this isn't something serious.  I do have full backups of all of my stores and mailboxes.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 4:14 PM

Answers

• Event 1025 is not a sign of serious corruption in a database. They do however point out that some pointers are not valid in the information store. So, I would recommend running ISINTEG against database

• Test: C:\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg.exe -s <servername> -test alltests > isinteg_test.txt

Notes: If the warning or error count is not 0, please run the repair, backup the database at first

• Repair: C:\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg.exe -s <servername> -fix -test alltests > isinteg_fix1.txt

Friday, November 07, 2008 4:35 AM

All replies

• Event 1025 is not a sign of serious corruption in a database. They do however point out that some pointers are not valid in the information store. So, I would recommend running ISINTEG against database

• Test: C:\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg.exe -s <servername> -test alltests > isinteg_test.txt

Notes: If the warning or error count is not 0, please run the repair, backup the database at first

• Repair: C:\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg.exe -s <servername> -fix -test alltests > isinteg_fix1.txt

Friday, November 07, 2008 4:35 AM
  • Quick question about ISINTEG.

Is it better to run the test and repair during off peak business hours or could this be run safely at any time?

Also, if we are able to get a successful backup, would these warnings disappear?

Thanks.

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:52 PM
  • Concerning ISINTEG (and ESEUTIL for that matter), it is absolutely necessary to run them during off peak hours and even schedule downtime since...

You must dismount the database(s) in question.

(No one can access the database while ESEUTIL or ISINTEG are running).

A successful backup will have no effect on the warnings (totally unrelated).

Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:47 AM
  • Thanks for the info.  I have an another follow up.  Are there any guidelines on how long it would take to run the ISINTEG test or repair against a database?  Thank you.
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:21 PM