Outlook Reading View Zoom RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2013. I can change the zoom to 150% when composing a new email, and it remembers that setting when I compose subsequent new emails. I can change the zoom to 150% when replying to an email, and it remembers that setting when I reply to subsequent emails. So far so good. But when I change the zoom to 150% when reading an email, it doesn't remember that setting when reading the next email. Why is it not saving the zoom setting when reading an email, when it does for composing or replying?
    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:20 PM

All replies

• Wrote a VBA script to do it, and it worked. Here'w where I found it:

http://mattpilz.com/how-to-increase-default-zoom-level-in-outlook-2016/
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, December 7, 2018 5:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, December 7, 2018 5:28 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:51 PM
  • Outlook 2013 doesn't have the option to save the zoom - you'll need to use a macro or manually change it with each message. I have a macro that works in the reading pane or an open message at Adjusting Outlook's Zoom Setting in Email

As an FYI, If you upgrade to Office 365, the newest builds can save the zoom settings. 

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:31 AM
  • Hi MikelnThe901,

So glad to see that your issue has been solved and thank you for sharing the useful information here.

By the way, it's recommended to mark your reply as the answer so that your solution will benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding and support :-)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 2:41 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 2:40 AM
  • Hi MikelnThe901,

I have proposed the reply as an answer for this thread. Please help mark it as an answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue :)

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:17 AM