none
Active Directory-sync'd MSOL User not found in SPO

Question

• We have a selective sync from AD to AzureAD based on OU, and up until Friday every MSOL user account that was lit up also had a SPO user account to go with it. I added roughly 20 users to the sync on Friday, and though their MSOL accounts are created, they are not getting a SPO account and thus cannot be added to any SPO sites. Anyone know how this happens?
    Monday, November 21, 2016 2:44 PM

Answers

• This isn't an O365 Sync issue, and there are no "duplicate UPN or Email address" errors. It's strictly related to SharePoint online, and I have a feeling that there is an issue with the service itself. I have placed a call with Premier support and will update this thread once I have the solution.

Edit: As suspected, there is an outage affecting SharePoint online's ability to provision new users. It is also affecting One Drive For Business. They expect to have it resolved by Friday Nov 23.

• Edited by Keldivac Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Keldivac Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you seeing the all synchronized users under "Billing " section of the Admin center ? and also ensure you have assigned the license for them also ?

Murugesa Pandian | MCPD | MCTS | SharePoint 2010 |

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:18 PM
  • I am able to see all of the users, and they are sign-on allowed.

We have not been issuing licenses as of yet, and this has not been an issue for the other hundred+ users that are using sites to this point. I will try to issue a license and see if it lights up the SPO portion.

Edit: I have issued a 365 E3 license and the SPO user is still not found.

• Edited by Keldivac Monday, November 21, 2016 3:46 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

It looks your synchronisation is not configured to sync the security group in AD.

Please follow this link to resolve it.

How do I make sure my Active Directory groups sync up to Office 365?

Monday, November 21, 2016 6:38 PM
  • I'm not having any trouble getting Security Groups or Users sync'd to O365. My problem is that SharePoint user accounts are not being provisioned for the users that are being sync'd. 

For example, I create a user in Active Directory called John Smith, and when I run a Delta Synchronization I can see the user listed in Office 365, under the User Administration section.

I cannot, however, find the user when I try to add them to a SharePoint group/site. When the user tries to login to SharePoint they get the error "We're sorry, but John.Smith@emailaddress.com can't be found in the company.sharepoint.com directory. Please try again later, while we try automatically to fix this for you."

Under the 'Technical details' section, the "Issue Type" is "User not in directory".

This was not an issue until last week. I have sync'd an entire directory of about 3500 users and have provisioned sites for 10 different teams without a problem. 

Monday, November 21, 2016 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

I doubt on email property or UPN Principal name for your security group has not been synchronised correctly.

Wait for while and see it automatically fix this for you .

And double check all the "Security"Group properties are correctly coincide with O365 attribute this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2643629 could be useful to focus on it.

On your O365 admin center, check the Message center if there is any upgrades on going related to AD Synchronization.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:57 AM
  • This isn't an O365 Sync issue, and there are no "duplicate UPN or Email address" errors. It's strictly related to SharePoint online, and I have a feeling that there is an issue with the service itself. I have placed a call with Premier support and will update this thread once I have the solution.

Edit: As suspected, there is an outage affecting SharePoint online's ability to provision new users. It is also affecting One Drive For Business. They expect to have it resolved by Friday Nov 23.

• Edited by Keldivac Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Keldivac Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:56 PM