none
workbook not in a trusted location RRS feed

• Question

• I have been over and over and OVER this following ee662106 and I cannot get it to work.  Here is the actual URL that I have in the trusted file location that I get the error below on. The "servername" in link below I of course have replaced with our actual server name.  The blotted out part in the picture below, is actually and IP address.  So, I thought, ok.....  this must be the problem. So, I changed my "servername" to the actual IP address that is coming back in the error.  When I did this, I got another error which is the second picture below.  Does anybody have any idea what I might be doing wrong?  I read one thread that said something about stopping and restarting the Secure Store Services or Excel Services but I am nervous about that because I don't know if I will break something by doing that.  I am a rather newbie at this.....any idea?

http://"servername"/PWA/ProjectBICenter/Sample%20Reports/

Cletus51

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:45 PM

Answers

• I GOT IT !!!!  The Lord told me what it was.  The first error is because i was using the servername but of course the error kept coming back with an ip address.  So, when I changed the trusted file location to the ip address, it then of course told me i had an untrusted library because of course the library had the server name in it as well.  So, when I changed both the file location and the library location to the ip address instead of the server name, it worked!!

Thanks so much for your help.  You kept me focused on it until I realized the error was telling me along exactly what was happening.

Cletus51

• Marked as answer by Portfoliodude Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:41 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

It is perfectly ok if you restart excel service or secure store. Especially if you have modified any configuration, always restart these services. Hopefully first error may get resolved.

As far as second error is concern you have mentioned that you added IP address instead of server name.

When you do that first update AAM of PWA and access the updated PWA URL  before testing sample reports

If you following this article without missing a single step, you should be able to access sample reports

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106.aspx

For troubleshooting refer Brian Smith's excellent blog

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/09/16/project-server-2010-business-intelligence-center-common-errors.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior Consultant
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:26 AM
  • how do you stop excel service application.  I stoped the excel calculation services on the sharepoint server but it did not stop the excel services application.  How do i stop and start that?

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Stopping excel service will make excel service application stop.

Remember when you first time configure excel service application you have to manually start excel calculation service

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:38 AM
  • Do you mean if I stop excel calculation services it will stop excel services application?  Because when I did this, it still showed started in Excel services application.

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:40 AM
  • thats strange

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:42 AM
  • do you think maybe it might take a bit for the service to respond to the stop?

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:43 AM
  • yes.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:43 AM
  • I am going to give it about 5-10 minutes to see if it stops.

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:47 AM
  • still did not stop.  I did however try to do the simpleproject list sample report while i had calculation services stopped and it gave me an error; just said erro.  I then restarted the calculation services and it gave me the same error I have been getting. 

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:56 AM
  • wihtout excel service, workbooks will not work

Kindly ref. following blog and try to review ULS log

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/09/16/project-server-2010-business-intelligence-center-common-errors.aspx

Do you want to do skype session?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:00 AM
  • can you tell me how to pull up the ULS log? 

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:09 AM
  • You can find the location by Navigating to SharePoint Central Admin >> Monitoring >> Select Configure Diagnostic logging

Navigate to the path using windows explorer, in LOGS folder click on Date Modified column twice (to show latest log file on the top)

Review the file with extension as .log

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:16 AM
  • found the logs but dont know what to look for.  very frustrating. 

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:29 AM
  • I GOT IT !!!!  The Lord told me what it was.  The first error is because i was using the servername but of course the error kept coming back with an ip address.  So, when I changed the trusted file location to the ip address, it then of course told me i had an untrusted library because of course the library had the server name in it as well.  So, when I changed both the file location and the library location to the ip address instead of the server name, it worked!!

Thanks so much for your help.  You kept me focused on it until I realized the error was telling me along exactly what was happening.

Cletus51

• Marked as answer by Portfoliodude Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:41 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:41 AM
  • Okay. Let us try one step at a time

1. What is the status of Excel Service, Secure Store and Token Service?

2. Navigate to ULS log folder and soft for latest log file

3. Try to access sample report. Once error is displayed on screen open latest log file

4. Go to the bottom of log file (always latest log will be recorded at the end of the file)

5. Using ctrl+f (find) search for the file name of workbook e.g . SimpleProjectsList.xlsx

Make to set the search direction as “Up”

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:42 AM
  • Glad to know that. That was my first response to udpate AAM and access the site with updated URL

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:45 AM
  • ...newbie here....did not realize it would have to be the IP address.

Cletus51

Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:48 AM