Skype for Business from a two-version Office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I bought one version of Office professional plus 2016 for two versions.

I cant use Skype for Business, Error KB2566790.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Franz,

You have to make sure you have the rights DNS records created for your custom domain. Check https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2566790/troubleshooting-skype-for-business-online-dns-configuration-issues-in

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:01 PM
  • Hi Franz,

First,did you deploy the SFB server or buy the skype for business license in O365?

If you did not deploy the SFB server or buy the SFB license in O365,you cannot sign in the SFB client.

Then , Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

If you use SFB online ,You could refer to the Simon ‘s reply ,to troubleshotting the DNS problem.

If you use SFB on-premise server, please check the following DNS and point.

lyncdiscoverinternal.<domain>, lyncdiscover.<domain>, _sipinternaltls._tcp.<domain>, _sipinternal._tcp.<domain>, _sip._tls.<domain>, sipinternal.<domain>, sip.<domain> , sipexternal.<domain>, for details, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn951397.aspx

In the end ,You also try to sign in SFB manually,

Skype for business online refer to the following link:https://y0av.me/2012/02/20/manually-configure-lync-clients-for-lync-online/

Skype for business on-premise ,please refer to the following screenshot:

Internal Server Name  : Front End Pool name & Port

External Server Name : External Access Edge FQDN & Port

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 12:53 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates?if the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:23 AM