none
Problem to attach 2008 R2 domain controller as "computer in workgroup or untrusted domian" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a DPM 2010 server in DomianA and a 2008R2 domian controller in DomainB that I want to backup up.

I have installed the DPM agent on the server en runned the setdpm server sucessfully:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin>SetDPMServer.exe -dpm
    servername xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local -isNonDomainServer -username dpmagentxxxxx2
    Make sure that this computer is not part of a perimeter network. DPM does not su
    pport protection of computers on a perimeter network.
    Enter the password for 'dpmagentxxxxx2' to connect to 'xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local':

Retype the password to confirm:
    Enter the password for 'dpmagentxxxxx2' to connect to 'xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local':

Configuring dpm server settings and firewall settings for dpm server =[xxx-dpm-0
    01.xxxx.local]
    Configuration completed successfully!!!
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin>

The two server can ping each other on the FQDM that i use. 

It is added as an server in a untrusted domain at the DPM server but its just showe as status error and a error massage, its also a error in the 2008r2DC that i want to backup, se below:

Error in application log on the server I want to backup:

Event id 84

A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local because access is denied.
    Make sure that xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local has DCOM launch and access permissions for the computer running the DPM agent (Error code: 0x80070005,
    full name: xxx-dpm-001.xxxx.local).

Error on the DPM server:

What can the problem be? I have othere servers set up sucessfully as "servers in untrusted domians" on the DPM server.

Thanks

Jonas

• Edited by johnez Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:51 PM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:49 PM

All replies