How to customize the sharepoint login page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a web application used NTLM Authentication of FBA. only NTLM Authentication. I wanna show my login page to customers instead of sharepoint popup login page.

In that case, can I customize the login page? If so, how can I customize that?

Help me, please. :))

Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:35 AM

Answers

• Hi dongpyo,

you can copy the existing login page from 14 hive

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS

create visual studio 2010 sharepoint empty project, add one module in that project that deploy your custom page into 14 hive.

Krishana Kumar
    • Proposed as answer by KRISHANA KUMAR Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shimin Huang Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:36 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can create custom login pages and configure your sharepoint web application to use it.

You have to create a login page using Visual Studio. Then go to

Central Admin->Application Mangement->Manage Web Application.

Select the web application and click on Authentication Providers. click on the zone and set the Sign In Page URL property to use the custom page.

The detailed instructions can be found here

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2010/07/09/creating-a-custom-login-page-for-sharepoint-2010.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chunliu/archive/2010/08/21/creating-a-custom-login-page-for-fba-in-sharepoint-2010.aspx

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi dongpyo,

you can copy the existing login page from 14 hive

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS

create visual studio 2010 sharepoint empty project, add one module in that project that deploy your custom page into 14 hive.

Krishana Kumar
    • Proposed as answer by KRISHANA KUMAR Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shimin Huang Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:36 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:16 AM
  • But, as far as I know, windows authentication is required by IE when IE try to connect IIS WebSite. So, the popup login box is under the IE, not under sharepoint.

Have you customized the login page in NTLM authentication? If so, did that work well?

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:15 AM
  • Hi

Is it showing you a login pop up in IE when you are using Forms based authentication?

It should show a login page where you enter id and pwd

Friday, August 12, 2011 4:13 AM
  • Yes, That shows me a login pop up in IE. As I told, I use only NTLM Authentication. I tried to use both FBA and NTLM but the people-picker was picking both authentication so It is possible to exist two accounts in sharepoint even if AD has a only one user. I have to use NTLM because of the searching service in sharepoint.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 6:45 AM