none
How to show a sorted list of all sites from the Sharepoint Online homepage

Question

• We are a consultancy using Sharepoint Modern Team sites for our projects, where we have one such site for each project. The "Frequent sites" and such is nice on the Sharepoint Homepage, but with 400+ employees and >100 projects we also need to be able to browse a list of all our clients/projects.

A list of sharepoint sites with a look-and-feel of the new modern sites is produced like so: https://[tenantname].sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx?q=%2A&v=search%2Fsites

This looks fine, but in order to actually be usable I have the following needs:

1. Sort the list in ascending order based on sitename
    2. Exclude sites from the search results based on sitename, e.g. exclude all sites containing the word "internal"

Is there any way to do this by adding the appropriate arguments to the search URL shown above, and still maintain the "modern look"? I know I can pull this off by using a web part with search on a classical site, but that would mean a much less smooth experience for our users, who are not very positive towards the old-fashioned Sharepoint to begin with.

Thanks,

Paal Berggreen

Monday, March 27, 2017 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Paal Berggreen,

Since your issue is related to SharePoint online, I suggest you creating a new thread in office 365 forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Thanks Lisa, it has been done!

-Paal

Friday, March 31, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Hi Paal, 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 7, 2017 3:01 AM