all program files turn into WMC by default RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using windows 7 home premium. since the last day I am facing a critical problem in to my laptop. whenever I tried to open a file such as .exe, or any program files, that automatically redirecting to windows media center after that, I am not able to open regedit.msc and gpedit.msc so that I can modify registry values also can't open windows features on or off option from programs and features which also redirecting to WMC..

So please help me and give me solution ASAP

Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you said, this may be caused by some corrupted system files. We could take the following steps to check it:

1.    Since this issue never had happened before, you could boot into the Last Good Known Configuration or preform a system restore to get back to a previous time point which Windows 7 worked fine.

2.    Create a new user account to test if this issue persists. If not, you could try the following link to fix this issue:

Fix a corrupted user profile

3.    Check whether your computer affected by virus and malicious software.

4.    Modifying the Associations of programs for a test:

Change the properties for a file

Change which programs Windows uses by default

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 3, 2010 3:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:41 AM