Migration of Exchange 2013 UM to Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am migrating my exchange infrastructure from 2013 to 2016 and almost completed the mailboxes move. I have to upgrade the UM to 2016 and have a little confusion as i could not found straight forward articles describing the steps. Any idea please?

Sunday, March 4, 2018 5:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Muhammad,

You can refer to the following articles, they also apply to upgrade UM from Exchange 2013 to 2016:

Upgrade Exchange 2010 UM to Exchange 2013 UM

Checklist: Upgrade Exchange 2010 UM to Exchange 2013 UM

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 3:13 AM
  • Thanks for your email Niko,

Please correct me if i am wrong. What i understood by studying different sources that the UM migration is no such thing but it is like you have to upgrade your new infrastructure by creating the new dial plan, policy and assign them again to your existing voice enabled users. It is like you are preparing your infrastructure for the first time for this and you have to do the other integrations like Skype and VOIP gateway as well.

Monday, March 5, 2018 12:00 PM
  • Hi Muhammad, 

I think you should read the following post for help. 

http://blog.machsol.com/microsoft-exchange/machpanel-integrates-microsoft-exchange-2016

Monday, March 5, 2018 12:12 PM
  • Hi Muhammad,

Yes, your understanding is right, the article i provided above also mentioned that, depending on your existing Exchange deployment, you may be required to create new UM dial plans or configure your existing dial plans.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:09 AM