none
Disable Important Updates are available message - RDS/Citrix

Question

• Hi Guys,

We use Citrix XenApp 7.6 (Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS) and publish a full desktop. Our users are seeing the below message when logging into the Desktop. Is there any way to disable this? I've played around with the below settings in group policy to no avail:

- Allow non-administrators to receive update notifications (Disabled)

- Configure Automatic Updates (Disabled)

- Remove access to use all Windows Update features (Enabled)

Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Shaun,

>> Is there any way to disable this? I've played around with the below settings in group policy to no avail:

As far as I know, we are unable to disable the message.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2015 10:07 AM
  • That's unfortunate as I foresee many support tickets from our users asking how they can update/get rid of the prompt. The bizarre thing about this is we have the Windows Update service disabled in our Citrix build and do updates manually. So it shouldn't even be checking for updates.

~ Shaun

Friday, June 19, 2015 12:43 PM
  • Has there been any developments on this thread, we just rolled out 2012 R2 RDP servers and we can't seem to get this turned off either?  Registry tweak, GP add-on something??
    Friday, May 13, 2016 6:01 PM