none
Forwarding Shared Mailbox to DG not working as expected

Question

• We have a shared mailbox setup for our customers to send emails to. 

I need to be able to forward these messages to 2 external email addresses.

If I put one of the external emails in the 'delivery options' it works.

When I change it to a Distribution Group (with the 2 external email addresses as members), the emails are no longer received at either external email destination.

What's stopping this from working?

Monday, December 7, 2015 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are sending email to this shared mailbox from external addresses, please confirm that the distribution group is configured to accept email from senders inside and outside your organization. You can change this setting on the delivery management tab on your distribution list on the Exchange Admin Center. 

If this doesn't resolve your issues, please let me know if you have any NDRs.

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, December 7, 2015 11:25 PM

All replies

• Use inbox rules instead?
    Monday, December 7, 2015 8:36 PM
  • Hi,

If you are sending email to this shared mailbox from external addresses, please confirm that the distribution group is configured to accept email from senders inside and outside your organization. You can change this setting on the delivery management tab on your distribution list on the Exchange Admin Center. 

If this doesn't resolve your issues, please let me know if you have any NDRs.

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, December 7, 2015 11:25 PM
  • Hi,

If you send messages to that Distribution Group, will the message be delivered to external email address? What about shared mailbox?

Make sure it's a Mail Universal Distribution Group.

Try message tracking log.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:30 AM