Windows Explorer navigation RRS feed

• Question

• I run a computer training company.  I want my training computers to run Win7 for lots of reasons.  One particular customer has WinXP on their desktops and wants me to run training on a product which extends Windows Explorer.  For the training I would like Windows Explorer on my Win7 machines to look as much like Explorer on WinXP as possible.  Finally, my question.
    Is it possible to have the navigation pane in Windows Explorer show the +/- expander icons next to folders rather than the appearing/disappearing tiliting triangles?
    Paul
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:43 AM

Answers

• It's kind of drastic but I have discovered that if you go to 'Performance Options' from 'System Properties' and choose 'Adjust for best performance'  you get a much more XP effect, including +/- expand icons.
    Paul
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:42 AM

All replies

• No, I don't think you can change it to +/-

Monday, October 26, 2009 1:59 PM
  • It's kind of drastic but I have discovered that if you go to 'Performance Options' from 'System Properties' and choose 'Adjust for best performance'  you get a much more XP effect, including +/- expand icons.
    Paul
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:42 AM
  • Interesting. Then there must be some visual setting that makes explorer change like that...*checking*...

"Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons" does the trick. I stand corrected...but then you lose all the things that makes Windows 7 beautiful.

Gotta pay to play I guess......
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:00 PM