Where is our Moduslink Vista Upgrades ? RRS feed

• Question

• Back in December 2006, I purchased an Acer laptop which came with a free upgrade to Windows Vista.

I sent them all the details they wanted via their redemption web-site, even paid £14.14 for my shipping costs. They then sent me a confirmation e-mail and asked me to send a certified copy of the receipt.

At this point my status when checking my order was showing `COA validated`.

I sent them an email containing a certified copy of my receipt/invoice on 4th January 2007, but never got any reply from them so do not know if they received it. I was expecting my status to change to `POP validated` , but it never did.

I have since emailed my receipt a further 4 times and asked them each time to confirm they received it. I still got no reply.

I have now (24th February 2007) sent them a proper email asking if they did receive my POP. I have been reading alot about Moduslink on other forums and understand that they may be struggling with demand. I have also read that we wont get our upgrades until March/April, but i`m not worried about that. All i`m interested in is have they received my proof of purchase ?

Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:21 PM

All replies

• I have had the same problem.  I purchased Microsoft's Media Center Version of XP from Newegg, and went through Moduslink for a free upgrade.  I sent them all of the required information, and recently contacted them for the 5th time, and they are claiming they have not received my information.  WHAT A BOGUS PROGRAM!!!  Microsoft,  get with the program here, and help us out!
    Monday, February 26, 2007 12:11 AM
  • Contacted Microsoft yesturday about problems with Moduslink. Here is the reply i got back today.

Thank you for your email about problems with redeeming your Windows Vista™ upgrade voucher.

I do understand your concern and am sorry to hear that you have not received a reply to your previous communications with ModusLink. We are aware of this issue and I assure you that we are in the process of resolving it. I will also make sure that your feedback is passed to the appropriate department for their consideration.

I recommend that you check the status of your order on the following link:

https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/Vista/

Alternatively, you can contact Moduslink by telephone on 00800 666 44 666 for your order status since you have not received a reply via email. Please note that the number given above is an international free phone; therefore please ensure to dial double zero followed by 800. There might be a long wait time due to the volume of calls.

I hope this information has answered your query, but if you have any more questions please give us a call on 0870 60 10 100. The lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Of course if you prefer please send me an email.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind Regards, 

GEETHA SHIVAKUMAR

Customer Service Professional

Microsoft Customer Services

Oh and just before i go, i have still had NO replies from the emails i sent to Moduslink. At least Microsoft replied the following day.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Just phoned Moduslink. Spent only 10 minutes waiting for an available advisor. At least the call was free !

They HAVE received all 5 copies of my invoice/receipt & my order has gone through ok. I was told that i should get my upgrade disc early March. Apparently orders placed Dec / Jan have been sent to Microsoft for them to ship out the discs.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:38 PM
  • I have almost exactly the same problem except my reply to my email was the latter half of your email. The status didnt change at all!

Friday, March 2, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Redemption Form Number 22101006084520011

Can I get the vista premium for 79 dollars. I brought the computer 2007.I have Window XP CD

Please give me a reply

Thank you

Thevakumar Kumarakulasingam

Saturday, March 3, 2007 3:37 AM
  • yes I tried this number too busman unfortunately they have removed the option to talk to someone! from thier range of options what you get is a list of numbers that give you information on how to place your order with moduslink you cant actually speak to anyone. I rang this number at the beginning of the upgrade programme a number of weeks ago( when you could still speak to someone) and I got through to some warehouse  in the middle of belgium after that they removed the option from their telephone link! I personally have never encountered such bad service and if others are willing as well I would be in favour of class action against this company !
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 9:01 PM
  • As far as i am aware, all computers/laptops purchased between OCT 06 to MAR 07 qualify for an upgrade to Vista. Different manufacturers may charge different prices, my upgrade with Acer is FREE but i had to pay for the shipping costs.

To upgrade, you must contact the manufacturer of the computer you purchased - They should have details of prices and how to upgrade etc.. on their own website.

I am upgrading from XP Media centre to Vista home premium. I think if you have just XP (not media centre edition) you will end up with the basic edition of vista. I do not know about if you want to get an upgrade to a different edition of vista, for this it may be worth contacting your own manufacturer to ask this. 

If you have already registered for your upgrade, you can go to the moduslink redemption site & type in your order number to see latest details about your order.

Hope this helps abit

Sunday, March 4, 2007 3:44 PM
  • I have been trying to get a straight answer out of them since Jan. I snail-mailed and faxed my stuff in but my status has not changed. I emailed their support address many times and have recieved at least 5 different answers, most of the time I simply get back on of several form-letter style email replies that tell me nothing at all. Twice someone sent me back a reply saying they did not have my POP, the first time prompted me to Fax the information again, since I assumed the snail-mail copy had been lost; the second time I got the same email I realized it was an automated reply. I had a reply after that from someone saying that they did have my POP and yet another reply later saying they did not have my reciept and as if that wasn't confusing enough yet another reply (automated message) saying that they may or may not have the my POP. As of this date my order status has not changed and the Vendor I purchased the machine from isn't doing much.

I think someone at Microsoft really dropped the ball here; they contracted Moduslink to handle the upgrade for all their vendors without realizing that Moduslink can't handle it. What I find really unprofessional is that the people at Moduslink are dealing with the problem by hoping it all just goes away.  The web site they set up is really useless, it doesn't say anything?

It's really frustrating. I don't mind if it will take a while to actually get the software, I'm in no hurry; but at this point I have no idea if I even will get it. All I want is to get a straight answer on whether they have what they need and if not what more do I have to do?

Monday, March 12, 2007 2:26 PM
  • I, too, am an extremely dissatisfied consumer.  I have telephoned ModusLink at least 5 times in the last eight weeks.  (801)431-5000 (for United States). 

A quick response is all I get, plus a verification that "everything about your order is validated and approved".  Now the trick is to actually witness Moduslink ship any DVD's out.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:10 PM
  • It`s arrived

10.30 am my vista upgrade came.
    I was very supprised that it DID NOT come by a courier, It came with the normal post delivered by the postman.

I Suppose that wasnt bad, It was shipped on the 20th March and DID come within the 3 weeks they said it would. According to the `packing list` enclosed, it has come from Budapest to me here in the UK.

A Note to Microsoft : When its time for vista to be replaced, DO NOT use Moduslink for the upgrades.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:46 AM
  • Ok, after deciding to spam them by emailing my stuff in 5 times in a row I finally got a reply from a person saying that my order was accepted and would be processed.  It took a further two weeks plus but my status has now changed from 'COA Verified' to 'Order Approved' and now I am just waiting for the software. 

My main complaint with Moduslink it the same as always, a lack of communication. All they would have had to do to help the customer is provide more information on their web site.  A link on the status message to a screen explaining what the status really means as well as a message on what the order requires to complete is all that is needed for myself and by the sound of it most people.  To Moduslink, a functional web site can make all the difference.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 1:09 PM
  • moduslink confirmed my order was shipped on 24th of march near the time of your order now april 13th and it still hasnt come, im shocked that for 15 pounds delivery charge it comes from a postman
    Friday, April 13, 2007 12:17 PM
  • Don't give up on them too soon everyone. I ordered mine back in Febuay, adnd received it in the post yesterday.

Am now running Vista Home Premium.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 4:49 PM
  • Considering that Vista Home Premium costs £150 for the upgrade & over £200 for the full version. Its disgusting that it should come via the postman. I am sure for something worth that much, it should have come by a courier. I DID NOT even have to sign for it.

I could always contact moduslink and tell them i have not received it. Because i did not have to sign for delivery, they have NO PROOF that i have received it.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:49 PM
  • absolutley, im going in to my fourth week after they said it had shipped im gonna have to call them hope they dont give me no bull
    Monday, April 16, 2007 7:54 AM
  • You would have paid more and do not knock Royal Mail your really priviledged to have such a good postal service. If Moduslink used a courier guaranteed you would have paid more and got a bad service. You think you are hard done to here in the UK with post. I suggest you move to a low social economic class and see how they work - most places you dont even get a delivery you have to get your lazy back side to a Delivery Office.

Down with ModusLink - also you can take them to court as the T&Cs state that is within 60 days - im still waiting for my copy since december!!!

Monday, April 16, 2007 7:30 PM
  • good reminder, i just double checked and the last email i received from them was on 3/23 and I haven't heard anything since this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your MicrosoftR Product.

We have received a copy of your proof of purchase.  We will email you a confirmation when the validation process is complete.

Regards,

The Upgrade Redemption Center

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:17 PM
  • Well, they were quick about returning my email anyway.  Just received this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your MicrosoftR product. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order.  You should receive an email confirmation when your order is shipped. 

You may check the status of your order at the following web address:

Acer Customers:

https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Acer

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:22 PM
  • youll eventually get it so dont worry

mine came today and i thought it wouldnt come

Smile and im glad there arent many hitches getting it installed

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:39 PM
  • I have made three requests for Upgrades, 2 for acer computers I bought 12/4 and 12/11, and one for a OEM copy of windows xp pro I bought March 15.   As of today 04/22, nothing, my previous thoughts were that Microsoft was a 1st class organization but I see they are nothing more than the class of a utility company who treats you like *** cause you can't go anywhere else.  Mr. Gates, don't you police this stuff.  What a joke.
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 3:14 AM
  • I bought my LG notebook in 28 of February 2007 and did the mail in the first days of March, transfered the money about 40€ to the account number gave from moduslink this on 06 of March.

After this only had two changes in the moduslink site about my  package, "item received" and "canceled", no mail given until 25th of April telling me that my vista was canceled because of lack of payment... with the information that the promotion ends in 30th of April...

Moduslink Service is a joke.

I wonder why do people pirate windows....

Friday, April 27, 2007 4:46 PM
  • Don't talk to me about Moduslink. I paid for my upgrade (via redemption ) back in February. I have been checking for ages as to what is happening with it and even got a couple of replies with regards to shipment. On the Moduslink page it told me that they recieved the money and it was waiting for standard shipment. Today I get an email saying that they didn't recieve any payment even though my bank details from February shows that the money was transfered. Talk about a Crock of s..t, it's bad enough that one has to wait so long for the upgrade now I get told I didn't pay for it. As far as I'm concerned if you bopught a new computer and shelled out for XP you should get the equivelent O/S in Vista ( via Redemption ) free of charge.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 5:25 AM
  • I just go off the phone with a REAL LIVE PERSON, at moduslink....lol

Here is the number i used... 1-800-817-5602 (good in Canada and US) after language selection press 5, then 8 and it took about 1 min to be connected.  I asked about my upgrade and was told that there had been a problem with the Acer upgrades and that the first batch has been sent out, my order should arrive in about 2 weeks as it will be shipped with the next batch.

So until then, i cross my fingers but dont dare hold my breathe....lol

Good luck to everyone, hope the number helps.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 4:29 PM
  • These people obviously cheating on us. I  ordered my copy more than 4 months ago and, as if they playing games with us, it still say "TBD. Check back in 2-3 weeks for more information. I think we are being punished just because we believed them and purchased computers before been pre-installed Vista available on the market.Certainly there are no legal base of their behavior.Its better they change "The Upgrade Redemption Center" to "The upgrade Torture Center". I want to donate my copy to Mr Gates.After that possible he will understand his choice to go for Moduslink is nothing more than a disaster.
    Friday, May 4, 2007 5:05 PM
  • I just received this email today

"OEMTUPVISTANA@moduslink.com" 
    to me
    show details
     May 3 (17 hours ago) 
    Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit CD/DVD OEM.
    Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email MSTUPVISTANA@moduslink.com by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

Friday, May 4, 2007 5:26 PM
  • At least yours has apparently shipped!

My order was cancelled whilst I was trying to prove payment!

Okay, i submitted a payment via card and didn't put my reference number in the appropriate part of the payment.  Not a problem, I thought.  I'd email moduslink with the details of the transaction, but still nothing.  So, I emailed again.  I faxed them a copy of the receipt from my bank and the details of my order as well as the last four digits of my account number so that it could help them with tracking.  Still nothing.  Then, I have a look at the website, and my order has been cancelled.

Moduslink's email support seems to involve a fixed set of email templates which tell you absolutely nothing and no provide very little help whatsoever.

I doubt I'll see the money again.  Okay, it's only £16, but it's still £16 that was taken for a product that hasn't been received.

I know I should have put the order number into the payment, but still, the lack of customer support as I tried to rectify my error is unforgivable!

Friday, May 4, 2007 8:34 PM
  • I was a supervisor over the upgrade team.  I managed the e-mail, fax, and Mail (POP) Teams, along with some basic phone managment.  From the inside, Moduslink is a very dismanaged company.  They can be a  great company, but they are very reactive to problems, versus proactive.  They blame thier problems on others to hide thier shame.  But to be fair to the company and my empoyees, we tried out best to provide you with your upgrades.  The tools that were provided to us through third parties sources we hired failed to meet our expectations, resulting in massive delays in activation of your COA.  Moduslink says that there was a huge backlog, but it was due to the fact that they failed to even plan on the fact that hundreds of thousands of people world wide would want an upgrade.  The e-mail responces are templates.  When I assumed supervision, most agents had no idea what templates to use, or what to say when it was essential a written responce was given.

When it comes down to it, Upper managment is to blame for most of the problems.  I've been layed off to the fact that the program is expiring, and can honestly say Moduslink is the worst company I've worked with.  But we (actual agents trying to help you) tried our best.  I just hope companies see Moduslink's errors and choose not to work with them in the future.  I bet Microsoft never will again.

Saturday, May 5, 2007 2:53 AM
  •  Robroth wrote:
    I just received this email today

"OEMTUPVISTANA@moduslink.com" 
    to me
    show details
     May 3 (17 hours ago) 
    Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit CD/DVD OEM.
    Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email MSTUPVISTANA@moduslink.com by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

As I was rereading this just now, it occurs to me this was mailed to me on 5/3.  It says to expect it in three weeks, but that if I don't receive it by 5/1 (two days ago) to contact them!!

Saturday, May 5, 2007 3:41 AM
  • Having read all the comments here including the one from "emike" I do feel somewhat better with my situation as it seems that I am not alone.

Be that as it may, when one really thinks about it Microsoft should have and could have handled all of this a lot better than they have.

As an example Longhorn beta 3 was released last week and the public are able to download the ISO and then burn it onto a DVD. So the question is why didn't Microsoft institute something along these lines but make it a more personal type of setup. As an example you could log onto Microsoft site and fill out your particulars including your redemption number. Then when you have done all of this you are then able to download the ISO of the Vista version your allowed to have. In may case I have XP Pro 64 Bit so I am allowed to have Vista Business 64 bit. This would be a far less pinful way of doing things withoout all the *** that has been going on. Someone could probably come up with a better idea than this as I only spent about 20 seconds thinking about it. If Microsoft had done something like this we wouldn't be sitting infront of out computers writing in this tread how badly we have been treated.

The best part about my suggestion is that we with the redemption certificates wouldn't have to shell out money for delivery either.

Also something to think about with regards to moduslink not accepting our money, maybe when we filled out the online application as well as our bankcard details maybe they didn't draw on that money until some weeks later where under normal circumstances there might not have been the money there on the bankcard. I assumed ( silly me lol ) that when i submitted my application that the drew on the account the next business day, maybe this didn't happen.

Any, as I said this all could have been done a hell of a lot better.

Saturday, May 5, 2007 7:01 AM
  • Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

We apologize for the confusion.  Please notify us within three weeks of the shipping date if you have not received your order.  You can track your order at tracking.mailexpress.biz using tracking number ME0123456.

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 10:57 AM
  • Yeah guys. Well I received my Windows Vista Upgrade CD, but it is a Packard Bell Cd and is no worth at my computer which is a Philips one. I'm trying to get rid of this cd and get the right one....since 1 month ago. I sent about 20 emails and called everyone I could call, and i got no reply or no helpful advice.

My suggestion is: If anyone out there got a Philips Cd and has a Packard Bell computer..what would you say about changing the cds?

Or...if anyone has any sort of advice for me...just..send it to me...i'm desperateSmileBig Smile.

Monday, May 7, 2007 1:05 PM
  • Doh, these are BIOS locked?  For some silly reason, I assumed they'd just ben OEM Vista upgrade CDs.  Oh well, after all this, that's useless to me, I run CentOS on the AST box I'm expecting the upgrade for.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 1:37 PM
  • well i put my order in mid january, waited the six weeks after the vista launch and nothing came, frequently check how my order was and was always unsuprised to see coa verified and nothing else. last week i was very fed up with the whole waiting game and sent moduslink an email asking where the heck my upgrade was. i was very suprised to recieve an appologetic reply which  stated that they had cancelled my order without notifying me. it was cancelled due to the long order processing time my card had expired!!!!!!! they say it will be sorted but i think i'll end up getting the run around.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 1:59 PM
  • "Where is our Moduslink Vista Upgrades ?"... and also: "Where is our Moduslink Office 2007 Upgrades ?".

After an _age_ they told me on the 9th March: "Thank you for submitting your Microsoft Office Basic 2007 OEM. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive your order within 4-6 weeks and receive email confirmation when your order is shipped. At any time you may also go to https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista or email us at MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com to check on your order.
    If you do not receive your order within the time frame specified, please notify us prior to May 1, 2007 for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may investigate and ship your order. After those dates we may not be able to process your request. 
    "

Since then... nothing.  No software.  No replies to my emails.  No shipping date listed on their website for my upgrade.  Nada.  I notified them of their failure to deliver before May 1st, you can bet.  Did they notice?  Who knows?

I also blame Dell for this mess.  The spec said that the system came with Office 2007 Basic.  No footnotes, no caveats... it would come with Office 2007 Basic, period.  Except that it didn't... and now I'm jumping through hoops with ModusLink's atrocious web order form, paying money(!), and waiting for months on end for software that still hasn't come.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 4:32 PM
  • I've been waiting since March as well and finally broke down and phoned them. I actually got to talk to a real live person, from what I was told my order was on it's way and should be delivered sometime this week, (of course that remains to be seen), unfortunately (from what I was told) their website in some cases cannot show the status reliably; had something to do with their [vendors?] programs not working since the redemption program ended - I wasn't clear on this but the end result was that my order page doesn't and won't show that the order was already shipped.  Now I am just waiting to see how close to the truth that was? Not that I want to call the person I was talking to a liar, but previous interactions with them has been less than stellar...hell, at this point they are just striving for mediocracy!
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 4:59 PM
  • Well I received my DVD today, and while the packaging makes it look as though it's ACER specific, I don't see any of the SLP (system locked preinstallation) files on it.  Then again I haven't developed SLP installs since Server 2003/XP, so perhaps the methodology has changed for Vista. 
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Here's my story of the elusive Windows Vista upgrade.

In December 2006 I purchased a laptop computer advertised as having a free upgrade to Windows Vista. In January I submitted all the required information on the Moduslink upgrade website. On February 2, I received notification that all my information was validated and that my upgrade would ship in 4-6 weeks. A couple of months later (April 18) I contacted Moduslink to check on the status of the upgrade and was told it had been manufactured and was awaiting shipment. I waited a few more weeks and on May 6 I checked the status on the Moduslink website and found that my order status had changed to "Order is cancelled." I contacted Moduslink, Microsoft, and Lenovo without getting any real assistance at all.

Here is a summary of the email exchanges with Moduslink.

February 2 - from Moduslink: Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive an email confirmation when your order is shipped.

April 18 - from me to Moduslink: It has been almost 12 weeks since my Windows Vista upgrade had been fully validated (COA and POP validated). When is the order going to ship?

April 18 - reply from Moduslink: Shipping timelines vary by manufacturer. You should receive your Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Office Vista software within 4-6 weeks.

April 19 - followup from me to Moduslink: I have checked the status on the website and it shows the order status as "Order received" but gives no indication of when it will ship. Since it has been approximately 12 weeks since I completed my order I think it is reasonable to want to know the status of the upgrade which was supposed to ship in 4-6 weeks.

April 19 - reply from Moduslink: "Order received" means that your order has been manufactured for your computer and is waiting to be shipped.

May 6 - from me to Moduslink: I checked the status of my Windows Vista upgrade today and saw that my order status had changed to "Order is cancelled." I did not cancel the order. Please correct the problem.

May 7 - reply from Moduslink: Per your direction, your order has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause you. If you still wish to receive a Vista upgrade product, please place a new order.

After failing to get any help from Moduslink I emailed Microsoft customer service. Here is the reply from Microsoft:

I understand  from your message that your order for Windows Vista Business upgrade has been cancelled
     which you made through Modus link. I know how frustrating it must be though it was advertised as having a free upgrade to Windows Vista Business.

I understand that you have purchased Think pad Tablet PC from Lenovo and advertised as having a free upgrade to Windows Vista Business. As a product or software is preinstalled or distributed with your computer, your primary source for support is the computer manufacturer who provided your Microsoft software. You may contact your OEM for any warranty or no-charge support. Please view the following page that lists contact information for most computer manufacturers:

Please note that part of the OEM and Microsoft agreement is to allow Original Equipment Manufacturer’s to provide support for products they have installed on a particular computer. This agreement was made only because OEMs often modify and pre-install Microsoft software on their computers to ensure compatibility and to take full advantage of your computer’s hardware. This means the OEM has the expertise on how your Microsoft software works on your particular computer.

I would like you to know the offer for Windows Vista Business free upgrade has expired.

I hope your issue is resolved at the earliest and appreciate your patience in this regard.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

So, I emailed Lenovo. Their response is below:

Thank you for contacting Lenovo. Your email has been forwarded to my attention for assistance.

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of
    your attempt to upgrade to the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System. The upgrade offer was
    made from Microsoft through all major computer manufacturers. Microsoft has contracted the third
    party vendor Moduslink to handle the Vista upgrade and act as your agent.

Unfortunately Lenovo is not able to force Moduslink to act on requests from our customers. As
    Moduslink is a contracted agent of Microsoft, we suggest that you contact Microsoft directly to
    inform them of the difficulties you are experiencing in obtaining the Microsoft Operating System .

We recognize that this may appear as an attitude of indifference or lack of caring. However, in this
    matter we do believe the best course of action is to contact Microsoft directly.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:13 AM
  • This makes a HUGE case for Apple MacIntosh ... I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on the "Hello, I'm a Mac..." commercials.

After numerous inquiries I was notified that it shipped 3/29, and to email Moduslink if I didn't get it in 2 -3 weeks.

I didn't, and their reply was "4 to 6 weeks"

That put it past the "Notify us if you don't receive it by May 1st" date...

So now it's six weeks later and all I get are "template" replies ... no intelligent answers ... like talking to wall.

I tried the tracking number at that MailExpress (talk about a misnomer) link -- It didn't work.

Sure glad I also have an Apple Powerbook so I can get some work done without feeling totally burned.

Bill Gates take heed: People talk ... People listen (except at Moduslink) ... The Word is getting out there, and it's not good.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:16 AM
  • Today I called ModusLink and was told that they were "waiting for Microsoft to make more discs."  It will be two to four weeks, "maybe three," before I get Vista.  I've already waited months and months and months.  Isn't this fun?
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:57 PM
  • If there's such a thing as Microsoft HELL then we're all in it.

I just called the Moduslink # that was posted here (800-817-5602) and discovered they TOTALLY scrambled my address ... Looks like it was transcribed by a drunken dyslexic. So my long-awaited package made it to my city a month ago but was returned as "undeliverable!"

And they never contacted me via email or telephone to attempt a redelivery!

To top it off, Moduslink couldn't help me -- said I had to contact "Corporate" to initiate a new order (Groan! Not again)...

The person transferred my call to Corporate .... but I got a busy signal.

Went through it all again and finally connected but THEY couldn't help me either ... said I had to send an email ...

...to the same adress (MTSUPVISTANA@MODUSLINK.COM) that I've been complaining to for the last month!!

Next they'll tell me the order period has expired!

HEY MODUSLINK, why don't you go logon to MTSUPYOURS.COM and have yourself a nice day!!

As for MICROSOFT, well you can always tell a monopoly (or near-monopoly) by the way they treat their customers. It's like that old Lily Tomlin routine where she was a telphone complaint-desk operator -- back when Bell had a monopoly -- and she told people who called, "We don't care; we don't have to. We're the PHONE COMPANY."

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:23 PM
  • If there's such a thing as Microsoft HELL then we're all in it.

I just called the Moduslink # that was posted here (800-817-5602) and discovered they TOTALLY scrambled my address ... Looks like it was transcribed by a drunken dyslexic. So my long-awaited package made it to my city a month ago but was returned as "undeliverable!"

To top it off, Moduslink couldn't help me -- said I had to contact "Corporate" to initiate a new order (Groan! Not again)...

Went through it all again and finally connected but THEY couldn't help me either ... said I had to send an email ...

...to the same adress (MTSUPVISTANA@MODUSLINK.COM) that I've been complaining to for the last month!!

HEY MODUSLINK, why don't you go logon to MTSUPYOURS.COM and have yourself a nice day!!

As for MICROSOFT, well you can always tell a monopoly (or near-monopoly) by the way they treat their customers. It's like that old Lily Tomlin routine where she was a telephone complaint-desk operator -- back when Bell had a monopoly -- and she told people who called, "We don't care; we don't have to. We're the PHONE COMPANY."

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:25 PM
  • If there's such a thing as Microsoft H*LL then we're all in it.

As for MICROSOFT, well you can always tell a monopoly (or near-monopoly) by the way they treat their customers. It's like that old Lily Tomlin routine where she was a telephone complaint-desk operator -- back when Bell had a monopoly -- and she told people who called, "We don't care; we don't have to. We're the PHONE COMPANY."

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:25 PM
  • I quitted on Moduslink and Microsoft, I though that only in my Country that this things happened, guess not.

Anyway I just got a dvd original copy from Vista Ultimate 32bits and 64bits and oh well I feel the urge to copy it for me and install some day, is this legal? not, but I tried the legal way, I even payed in advance and my 44€ are bye bye so I took the way of Jack Sparrow.

GL to you guys.

Friday, May 11, 2007 9:07 AM
  • Seems like if you have a record or receipt proving you paid for Vista then you should be able to (legally) load your copy.

Re: Windows Vs Mac, this will help put it in perspective:

Vista has been out for 3 1/2 months. My free "Express Upgrade" still isn't here (and doesn't look like it will ever be.)

Last week I ordered an upgrade of iLife '06 from Apple.com. It arrived less than 48 hours later.

FREE Fed-Ex shipping.

Oh, and did I mention I also got Apple's Education Discount?

Friday, May 11, 2007 1:26 PM
  • I've gone through over 30 emails with Modus.   I originally filed my order online Jan 28th, sent in the paperwork Jan 29th via snail mail.  Received confirmation that it was being processed and so forth.  4 weeks later nothing, so I email i get a response that the order is being processed.  2 Weeks later I email again, and I'm told my order was received and that it was being validated.  I email 3 weeks later, they say it will be shipped soon and I should see my order in the next 3 weeks.  Wait 3 more weeks as they said, nothing, So I email again.  I got to the point where I threatened a class action lawsuit against them.   It has now been 16 weeks since all this originally started.  I finally called them today on the phone here in the US and talked to some gal who said my order wasn't going and I needed to get a new order.  So, she set me up, and of course, couldn't give me an order # because of a system issue.... She gives me another type of customer # and said she'll email my service # tomorrow...  If I don't receive something by 4 PM tomorrow, I'm going to call again.  This company needs a formal investigation launched against them.  I'm tempted to write the attorney general... maybe then we'll get some answers.  There are consumer laws by which we as the general public are protected under.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:13 PM
  • After months of waiting, I finally received Vista after talking to the computer manufacturer.  Their Vista liasion contacted ModusLink, and I received Vista the next day (UPS overnight air).  ModusLink had told me it would be weeks as they were "waiting for discs from Microsoft."  Apparently they were lying because as soon as the manufacturer contacted ModusLink, my discs were on their way.

Report ModusLink to the Better Business Bureau. 

ModusLink's address is 1100 Winter Street Suite 4600, Waltham, MA 02451

Their phone number to talk to an actual person is 1-800-817-5602

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:37 PM
  • Threatening lawsuits are the best way to get your messages escalated.  We have a high up person who deals solely with those and depending on the validity of the threat, your request gets done.  Modus takes them seriously.  Yet it would still seem that some are still having problems.  Yes, please report them.  In fact, I'm going to.  That will satisfy a bittle note in my heart for what they have done!
    Friday, May 25, 2007 7:07 AM
  • Where is my upgrade?  It has has been over 4 months since all of my information was sent and confirmed!  This is the third time I've requested investigations to where my order is.  This is frustrating...to make matters worse, I just checked on the status of my order and saw that it has been cancelled!  Why is this?

I will be sending this information on to Microsoft, Toshiba, the Better Business Bureau and to the FTC.  I expect a full and working copy of Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit CD/DVD OEM by July 1, 2007.  After July 1 I will submit this information to area news media and will report on how poorly I have been dealt with...in addition I will submit ths information to my state's Attorney General's office.

Frustrated,
    Pastor Eric

I encourage everyone to band together for a Class-Action Law Suit.  This kind of treatment is rediculous!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:13 AM
  • What an amazing thing.  I figured I was the only one having problems when I searched a bit and found this board.  I've been waiting since February for my order and have only received the encouragement to "allow 4-6 weeks" for delivery, my order is in their "Back Office".

When I first ordered my upgrade, the site continued to tell me there was a problem with my credit card.  I ran it a total of five times, figuring that I had mistyped something.  I switched to a separate card and it went through fine.  Later in the day my wife asked why I had ordered this upgrade five times - they billed my card each time they told me it was rejected!  I wrote them a stern letter demanding that it be removed, and to their credit, it was.  I suppose I should have been more suspicious after that.

Orangie

Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:44 AM
  • Be thankful you have got it.  Placed my order on 26 Feb 07 and have got this today 12 Jun 07:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with the Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

This email has been sent to you because we have been unable to charge the costs of your Upgrade order using the credit card details you provided. At the moment of order entry we did receive a pre-authorization from your credit card company/bank; however, when we recently tried to clear this authorization, the payment was not authorized. Unfortunately, because we have not received the funds for your Upgrade we have been left with no option but to cancel the order.

Since the order intake of the Upgrade Program has been closed, we regret to inform you that there is no opportunity to place another order within the Technical Upgrade Program. For any further information please contact your PC manufacturer.

With kind regards,

The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre

No warning no nothing.  Phone them and they either do not know what is happening, know what to do or it is someone elses fault.  I think they have tried to blame me as my card expired the end of April, not that they had over 2 months to get things sorted.  Now they will not let me give a new card.

As the previous post, I can not believe how many problems there are with moduslink until I did a google.

Got to say MS help desks have all moved me forwards so far.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:24 PM
  • Hey, awesome.  I'm not the only one experiencing this BS.  This is really some of the worst customer service I've ever seen, and I did tech support for an HP outsourcer for two years back when Carly Fiorina was systematically destroying anything not related to mainstream computing.

So here I am on June 20, still trying to get my order filled for my Vista Home Premium upgrade which I was promised for my Asus G1 lappy.  I started the order in early January as soon as I got the lappy, and it was "validated" on January 25.

Fast forward oh, five months to May 30.  Order shipped.  Oh happy day!  Three days later, I go onto UPS.com to find that it has been immediately returned to sender.  After having read this thread, I imagine it's likely that someone really screwed up the address to the point where they couldn't ship it.  Emailed back and forth with them, trying to get through their smokescreen of form responses (which they *LOVE* sending to everything) to eventually get to a human, who advises calling 1-800-817-5602 to deal with this issue.  I call it.  I get a message saying that the program is now closed, with no possible way to get through to a human (go on, try it... pressing zero gives you a message that they didn't understand your response and you're now being DISCONNECTED O_O).

I email them back, and get ANOTHER form email saying that the program is now closed as well!

I've since replied to them again using very simple sentences detailing what's going on with my now six-month old order.  Thankfully, Asus seemed to be much easier to deal with and will be contacting them on my behalf.  I don't really know what to expect though and likely if all else fails, I might end up just downloading Vista myself.

This is fucking ridiculous.  Microsoft needs to fix this but my guess is that they won't unless negative PR is generated because of it.  If someone with any influence in Microsoft is listening: Please, please, please take Moduslink out of the equation.  Outsourcing can work but they have shown themselves to be incredibly incompetent to many of your customers, and it's reflecting really badly on you.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:10 AM
  • Want to hear something even worst!

I submitted my order for Vista and Office 2007 back in Feb...

I got 5 of the 6 copies of Vista and no copies of Office 2007, I checked the web and phoned them before the deadline and was told that the remaining order was being processed and I should receive them shortly.

Now it's June 20th and when I checked the web, it states my order was cancelled. And like others on here, I called the Moduslink phone number and wasn't able to talk to a live person. It said to email them, so I emailed them and got the following response.

Basically I'm SOL... Their customer service bites the big one and someone should do something about this. Maybe it's time to start a class action lawsuit against Moduslink and Microsoft!

=================
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

Your orders may have been cancelled due to a variety of reasons including credit card issues, invalid COA number(s), etc. Unfortunately, the program has now ended. We are unable to accept orders/reorders at this point.

To obtain a Microsoft Office or Microsoft Vista product, please visit a retail store in your area.

For information about the Upgrade Redemption Program, please visit one of the following web sites:

Acer Customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Acer

Fujitsu Customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Fujitsu

Gateway or Emachines Customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Gateway

HP or Compaq customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/HP

Toshiba Customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Toshiba/TAIS

Toshiba Canada Customers:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Toshiba/Canada

All others:
    https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/default.aspx

Regards,

Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:51 AM
  • For those unable to contact a human through the upgrade redemption number (1-800-817-5602), note that ModusLink's direct line is 1-801-431-5000.  I don't know if you'll be able to reach the correct person without an extension but at least you might be able to hit an operator who can get you there.

My story has hopefully come to a close; I emailed onyourside@pcworld.com with my story and also spoke to Asus who contacted them on my behalf, and one of those two things has seemingly prompted them to have an agent call me back and state that they're reshipping the order.  They didn't give me a tracking number yet (though they said I should receive it shortly) so I'm a bit skeptical still, but it's at least progress.  I also have the extension of the person I talked to which I don't want to give out here (since I don't want to flood that particular person with calls) but people who can help you *should* be on that line somewhere.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 2:08 AM
  • Just a frustrated post to say I have had all the same excuses from modus link. Why arent Microsoft sorting this out.

I have three computers and have managed after many phone calls to get two of my upgrades , They have cancelled the third payment proccessing. this is only their inefficiency. Who on earth is checking up on these guys. The office is now closed and they have sent every excuse by email it seems to me it was a huge con.

Someone should take them to trading standards but who has enough money to fight microsoft.

My order no by the way was 3553076 for a vista premium. I was wondering whether I could use my Hp upgrade on two computers

MICROSOFT                   BAD SERVICE MAKES PEOPLE VERY UNHAPPY, THEY WILL LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR PRODUCTS IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

Monday, June 25, 2007 9:36 AM
  • Having called the ModusLink direct line now (1-801-431-5000) to verify my order, it looks like they've now put in a two choice menu right at the beginning, 1 for Upgrade Redemption Center stuff and 2 for ModusLink reception.  1 will only get you to the message you get automatically through the Upgrade line and you won't get to speak to a human, but 2 immediately sends you to a call director, through whom I was able to access the extension of the agent I was talking with.  My guess is that for anyone who doesn't have an extension for an Upgrade Redemption agent, you could ask the call director you get at the reception line to look one up for you and transfer you there; just make sure she doesn't just transfer you to the "standard" Upgrade Redemption line or you'll probably just hit a wall again.  Good luck!
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:59 PM
  • I bought an Acer laptop in Dec 2006 from Staples Business Depot with the upgrade of Vista to come in Jan 2007,in good faith. Boy "O" Boy, what a mistake. It comes back to do not pay a cent untill you get the product, C.O.D.

I was informed by Staples staff at the time of purtche that all I had to do was come back to the store in Jan 2007 and get my copy of Vista, and if I wished, they would even install it for me. 

In early Jan 2007 I was told It has not come out yet and to check back later in the month, which I did, and was then informed to check back in feb 2007.

After going back twice in Feb 2007 I was then told that I got it all wrong and that I needed to go to a web site address that they gave me where I can get a free copy of Vista.

I went to the web site to go to, to claim my copy of Vista. On the site I was informed that I had to pay S & H, send the bill of purtche etc, etc. which I also did, and was given a # of conformation and informed that I would have the copy of Vista within 6 weeks.

Today's date is the 28th June 2007, and up to now, I have not heard a peep out of them, nor any form of notification as some form of encouragement that some thing will or might happen at some time in the future.

I have been back and forth to Staples, and I was told it takes time, and to try this, that and the other, which I have also done, to no avail.

At this point in time I get the fealing that by the time I get the said copy, if I get it at all, my laptop would be so old, it would have rust on it from beening used as an anchor as its only use, or in a land fill with a big note saying still waiting, incompleat.

I am hoping that this display of myself and others in the same situation might get the attention of someone somewhere, and they will light a fire under someone someware at some time soon and hope that we get some results.

The voice of one may be a squeak, but the voice of many becomes a roar.

Yours,

Charles

Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:11 PM
  • Just got my upgrade today.  My advice to anyone still waiting would be to contact your manufacturer; they have a much quicker route to ModusLink and can get you your order much easier than you contacting them yourself.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:54 PM
  • I too went through the business of having my order cancelled because my credit card had expired due to the time taken to process the order. I was invited to resubmit my information within 5 days as the program was coming to an end (I think this was about the end of April). I did this, and lo and behold my upgrade (Vista Business) was dropped through my letter box last Saturday morning. Then, to my surprise, on the Monday morning, a second copy arrived! I now have two Vista upgrades, with two different serial numbers! I feel rather guilty reading about you guys unable to get even one.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 5:04 PM
  • I have been waiting since January to recieve my order thru Acer - Modus link. I recieved 2 premiums back on May 4th. I I contacted Moduslink to inform them my order was wrong. I ordered 1 premium & 2 basic. They informed me that in order for me to recieve the correct items (Instead of keeping 1 premium) I had to send them the 2 premiums back. I also informed them that on the May 4th they charged me for two orders. One being the 2 premiums and the other the second being 1 Premium and 2 basic. They have $400.00 of my money from my account. After talking with the rep Ashley  she checked with her team leader and they stated I had to return the full order and they had shipped out the 2nd order. She gave me the tracking # over the phone and stated that when Modus link recieved it they would crdit my account within 4 to 7 days. This has not happened  The tracking # for DHL is good but while talking to DHL they told me that the # was opened but no pickup or recieving was ever done by moduslink.

I went thru what many of you have been thru with calling from March - May looking for my Vista I have several names and dates of people I have talked with. I have emails from the company with RMA # and Tracking #. Yet I still have no vista , No way to contact Modus Link and out $400.00 for 2 orders screwed up.

I am looking into starting a Class action suit against Modus link & Acer. This appears to be fraudlent activity or severly mismanged by the sub-contractor but, why are the manufactures not stepping up to the plate and correcting the issue?

I have bought all acer for my family & recomend to other family & friends their laptops. I work for a large Corparation that requires me to set standards for IT hardware including all of our N. American facilties. I am not very impressed with Acer or the other Laptop Mfgs. that partipated in the program whom have  not stepped up to correct the issues many of us have dealt with.

If any one finds a way to get ahold of Moduslink Vs. the genral Voicemail box that they do not respond to (I have left 3 messages a week since May 8th and nothing. The emails of the Customer Service reps are being recieved but, the read request never returns) please let us know?

I am even more angered by typing this!

Monday, July 2, 2007 3:52 PM
  • Josh, ask the secretary you get when you call the general number to specifically find you an Upgrade Redemption agent (as I guarantee you they have the power to do interagent transfers).  There still should be a few on staff.  Don't accept just being transferred to the mailbox; some assertiveness is required, but keep your cool.  If they won't or can't do that, ask for a supervisor (it usually takes three times of you asking this for them to capitulate).  The person you get won't be a supervisor per se (they'll actually be a second-level person) but they'll have more power to do something than the front-line receptionist.

You learn certain things from doing this for a while. ;^)
    Monday, July 2, 2007 8:31 PM
  • Since posting my moams on the Sony forum and this forum . I have had contact from moduslink, who now say they are redoing my order and will be in touch when it is ready to be shipped, will post when I actually get it. My advice is to start your moan with the manufacturer of your computer, sony forum was ver helpful , hopefully they will actually send my upgrade this time.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 6:04 PM
  • My saga begins with believing you can get Something for free. Moduslink is completely incompetent, they are the professionals of "No Customer Service" and in my situation, at blame for this mess.

Within one month of receiving my order, they cancel it, I found out by accident, I Email them  3 times we go back and forth. They finally process my "Replacement" order, Now 2 months later, I still don't have my Upgrade ($19) and the phone number to there customer service is a recording.
    All my email corespondents are replys with the same form letter. I've just written off my upgrade as a total loss. I CAN'T imagin Microsoft isn't aware of this nightmare.

But a lite note: My buddy did the upgrade with me, and they sent him 2 copies by mistake, Sadly he will not give one.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:25 PM
  • Well, after reading most of this Forum replies, I don't feel quite so bad. 

I purchased an eMachines desktop on Dec 14, 2006 and sent in the "Free Upgrade" thru Moduslink on 12-31, even got an order confirmation number....just as so many have stated.

It is now 7 months later and I'm still waiting.  I contacted Moduslink via the website and my order was ...you guessed it....."cancelled"!!

Since the program is already done, there is not even a Vista button on the website to start over.  Now I have a valid COA and order number.....and only about 60-70 calls to make before I can just get fed up and BUY the damn thing!  As someone else mentioned --my first two mistakes were (A) believing that I would get something without having to PAY FOR IT and (B) ever believing that the Redmond Gang would provide customer support to allow (A) to happen.

I can just hardly wait to begin my odyssey of 800# frustration.........WHAT A FARCE !!!

thanks to all for the information....and good luck.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:35 AM
  • Thanks to an earlier post, I called and actually got a hold of the receptionist and was passed on to a LIVE person at Moduslink.

I was then able to explain my situation and I now have my copy of Windows Vista and the various Office 2007 I was entitled to.

emailing Moduslink was a waste of time as I was repeatedly told I wasn't allowed to get the upgrades and I was SOL.... (Even thou I ordered the upgrades well in advance of the deadline.

Friday, July 13, 2007 11:15 PM
  • Hey Spoom - how did you contact ASUS?  I also have  a G1 and have been waiting for my upgrade since February.  In my case they finally (just today) said my card was declined, but didn't bother to tell me until after the program has closed.  6 MONTHS after my order was placed.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:49 AM
  • well, what can I say, it is now, well, 25th July. I started my epic journey with moduslink back in february and ordered my free upgrade. I had plenty of trouble with my COA and after a month and a half of being thrown between acer, microsoft and then back to moduslink, I demanded that my COA was reset. Trust me, one in 12 emails are answered, I believe I sent around a hundred at least. I then got to pay for my disc. Oooops, "we didn't get chance to take the money from your account in the time period allowed by your bank, we tried to take payment anyway but it was declined" that may be due to the fact you waited around 3 weeks! Moving on, I sent confirmation of my laptop purchase and my order number for the disc. Didn't hear anything else at all. Thought to check the website to see what my order status was about 3 weeks ago, guess what: "Order cancelled" Hmmm, why?!!! Angry email sent. They took the payment from my account then cancelled my order! no reply to my email but then a few days later, my order had been changed to order being shipped. It is now 25th July and still no disc. I am no longer holding out for the disc and am considering demanding a refund for my £14.14. Afterall, who pays for something they haven't got?

Define:Moduslink- The biggest waste of your time and money that is possibly imaginable. Customer service next to none (as there is no one else to compare as bad). One of the most dissorganized companies ever and with a phone service that has what may as well be apes on the end of the phone.

End of rant.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:17 AM
  • I think Moduslink stands to profit for every Vista Express Upgrade they get to "qualify" and not ship.

I would not be suprised if our licenses have already been sold.  This would explain why they absolutely refuse to to help at this point.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit filed against Microsoft and Moduslink.

Friday, August 3, 2007 9:43 PM
  • I ordered my upgrade in feb and its now aug they had no problem taking my money off my credit card and still have not shipped anything to me this is a complete misrepresentation and is actually fraud i have contacted the RCMP and Future Shop and made it clear that no more business will be coming from me or my Companies this has left a huge blemish on the reputation of Future Shop my family and friends have all been Warned and you should also i blame Future Shop for not looking into this fraud group before taggin thier name on this

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 8:34 PM
  • Hi JONATHAN_R_A,

I am in the the same situation as you. I have contacted Microsoft and Lenovo and they have blamed each other. Have you been able to solve the problem yet? If so, please tell me how you have got it.

Thank you very much. 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:21 PM
  • Well, I think that 90% or better of all the postins I have read relate to the same situation. I have not received my upgrade yet. But this morning I was able to get a phone number for some Cust. Srv. rep in Utah. Her name is Andrea Burr and her DIRECT number is 804-434-0444.

For those of you who have not received anything yet, I suggest that this person is called and see what she has to say about this big fraud. They have no problem in taking our money from us and later not having the 'guts' to answer the phone. I called this person about 9:30 AM EST and left her a message. I will keep you all posted if I get a return call from her.

Efrain

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:02 PM
  •  

Found this on the topic. Thought I would share.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/05/08/moduslink_vista_upgrade/

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:28 PM
  • Wow, I actually recieved my disc in the post this morning!!! That was the longest wait I have ever done and can now say I am a patient guy! 6 months for two discs. Funny though how just yesterday, I recieved an email from moduslink saying that they were sorry but had to inform me that I was too late for the upgrade and that my account had not been charged. My account was charged in February and I ordered in February (well within the time frame for acceptance). Not bothered now, however, will never deal with moduslink again, my patience wore painfully thin. Hope you guys have as much luck as me (well, eventually)

I do however have two address' for moduslink if anyone wants a writing to address. One is in this country but I think this may be a dispatch address, so probably just a warehouse for storage but may be worth a shot:

Moduslink

C/O Spring

Greenford

UB18 7DE

Second address is budapest!

ModusLink Hungary Ltd

H-1222

Budapest

Nagytétényi u. 112

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:52 AM
  • Having read some of your comments, I wonder which Trading Standards type office is going to crucify Moduslink! No, I haven't received my Vista upgrades either, but Moduslink have my money. This must be fraud or similar and the responsible (huh) persons should be brought to account - now!

Microsoft is no help (no surprise there), and the computer manufacturer refers me to the retailer. So I have emailed them, and wait, and wait, and wait.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:07 PM
  • After contacting Moduslink many times, I have still not received my copy of Vista.  Neither Microsoft nor Lenovo seem to care.
    Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:00 AM
  • Basically, Microsoft and your computer manufacturer are not at fault. It IS moduslink. They could not cope with the work load, they had a spike in Vista orders which sent their system into chaos. Computer manufacturers are partially to blame too as they were late sending their upgrade discs to moduslink but not by that much. Moduslink try and blame everyone else when it is nothing to do with them. Thankfully I have my discs now but I was referred to Microsoft and Acer, neither of which could help me. I then got referred to Microsoft again and they were actually quite helpful, saying that the upgrade program was nothing to do with them, they only supplied the OS to the computer manufacturers who put their bios and software onto installation discs. The manufacturers then sent these discs to Moduslink who could not meet massive demand. Keep in touch with moduslink and try one of my tips, send the same email 5 or 10 times because they rarely answer to just one, they do reply if you bombard them with emails, I think it kinda 'pis**s' them off. If they try and say it is anyone elses fault other than their own, reply saying you know for certain it is their fault, they have taken your money and that they should give you what you are entitle to.

Another tip, if they email back saying they are sorry but their upgrade program is no longer running and no money has been taken from your account, CHECK your account to see if it has been refunded, when you find out it hasn't, then email them and tell them your account HAS been billed, even scan a statement if you have one and attach it to the email as proof, that should shut them up!

Good luck everyone else.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 11:22 AM
  • Dedicated to my brothers in this struggle against corporate injustice...

http://www.moduslink.org.uk/

At least I got myself a laugh out of it ;-)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:12 AM
  • i've been waiting since the 9th of march and I've still got no upgrades. HP are chasing them up for me but Moduslink seems to think they never recieved the order despite a couple of replys from their employees. Moduslink just kept telling me that it was in the system and that it was being processed. Basically feeding me any random bull they could think of.

I doubt very much that it was MS's fault or the oem's. It is soley Moduslink's fault and I hope they go bust. Can't Microsoft sue them for breach of contract?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:28 PM
  • I ordered last October 2006 (ASUS RF1), only to have my order cancelled when I sent an email about when would it be delivered, then I phoned and got a real person who retook my order and $25.25 from my account, now nobody seems to know where my neww order went and they keep saying the deal is now closed. Asus tell me they are trying to reopen the deal to handle this royal cockup... Out of pocket by $25 and no one to turn to.... we need to make a lot of noise to get some attention...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:09 PM
  • The actual problem was that microsoft only authorized 5 million copies through this deal and when 10 million requests show up well then theres a serious shortage which leads to this problem

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 3:02 AM
  •  

In the past I've tried emailing them, tried faxing, calling, I even tried contacting Acer.  Acer said I had to go through Moduslink and I can't get through to Moduslink.  Originally their email said I was approved... months later I found a message in my junk email folder saying that my order was cancelled by my request?!  I never did such a thing!  I think a class action lawsuit is in order; just give us what was promised.  In my case, I found the orders were cancelled because I requested x64 versions.  They had dual core processors and I wanted an x64 version.  Instead of saying "acer hasn't supplied us with x64 drivers, we'll ship you a 32-bit version instead" they just cancel my order.  Again, I think a class action lawsuit is in order and all those cancelled express upgrades should be honored.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:30 AM
  • I have saved alot of the pathetic emails modus link have sent, i paid it straight into there account and have the tracker proof to prove it was paid into there account but they still wont give me my refund, i dunno what to do i just don't like my money going to scum like that who just keep my hard earned money with nothing in return. no matter what i do they just bull *** all the time.

grrrrrrrrrr
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:19 PM
  • I will tell you EXACTLY what to do about BIG companies liek this who think they can get away with it. Get in touch with trading standards, as many people as possible WILL help. They should be able to sort it out by getting on the backs of Moduslink. Trading standards are VERY powerful in terms of business and have the capabilities to absolutly overwhelm whatever a business says if they are clearly in the wrong. Make sure you make it clear to them that this is not your fault and that actually, you ahve done all that is physically possible to help move it along. However Moduslink are not listening and don't seem to care.

I am sure that Trading standards will have a field day tackling people like this! LOPL!!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:39 PM
  • Well guys and gals,

I received my upgrade disk in September after I contacted Gateway directly. They sent a "generic" cd in a plain box. I am not sure if this is an official Microsoft product. And I am not content with the final outcome of this issue. Moduslink never returned my call. Wether it was a "spike" of orders, or whatever, Moduslink should have been able to manage. They took our money and in the end the manufacturer is the one taking over.

I wish you all the best of luck in getting your cd/dvd.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 3:32 PM