UAG 2010 and sluggish authentication to an external trusted forest. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I'm having an issue with our UAG 2010 appliance and sluggish authentication to an external trusted forest.  We have 2 domains, a hosted domain and a local domain.  The UAG is deployed in the Hosted domain, which trusts the local domain, and is being used to publish a variety of applications.  What I'm seeing happen is:

Whether or not I navigate to the internal published application on the UAG or my PC (using the UAG portal), the app runs very slow for our local domain users, but fast for our Hosted domain users.  I've tested accessing the web application from a variety of boxes on the Hosted domain with no latency.  The only time there is latency is when accessing the application through the UAG 2010 applicance. 

Any ideas/suggestions why I may be experiencing such an issue?

Thanks!

-Sean

Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:02 AM

Answers

• to clarify - is the delay experienced during LOGGING ON to the UAG portal, or when clicking on the application after completing the login?
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:31 PM

All replies

• In my rush to post this question, I've left out a few important details.  The two sites are connected via a 100 Mbps circuit with each forest having 2 domain controllers in their particular domain and 1 in the trusted domain.  I have verified that the authentication requests are being directed to the local domain controller that resides at our Hosted site.  I hope this isn't too confusing, I probably should have identified the domains as A and B, but too late now...

One other modification.  In my original post I stated, "The only time there is latency is when accessing the application through the UAG 2010 applicance."  This should have read, the only time there is latency is when accessing the application ON or THROUGH the UAG 2010 appliance.

That's all for now.  And thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

-Sean

Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:11 AM
  • to clarify - is the delay experienced during LOGGING ON to the UAG portal, or when clicking on the application after completing the login?
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:31 PM