ADFS 3 issues with setting up WAP servers RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 ADFS servers in Azure fronted by an internal load balancer. Internal ADFS DNS point to the load balancer and that works. I now need to setup 2 wap servers but none of them can connect to the ADFS farm properly. When I run the WAP wizard I get the following errors:

EventID 391: The federation server proxy was able to successfully establish a trust with the Federation Service.
    EventID 422: Unable to retrieve proxy configuration data from the Federation Service.

The WAP servers have a local HOSTS entry pointing to the internal load balancer.

The WAP servers sit in a DMZ and are not domain joined.
    • Edited by JOTdude Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:11 AM

All replies

• Where are your WAP servers located? Are they in Azure too?

To establish the trust you need to make sure you can reach the port 443 of the ADFS farm from your WAP server. Did you confirm that?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Yes - WAP servers are in an Azure DMZ. Running a port queury to the ADFS servers to check for 443 works.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:12 PM