Management Point HTTP Error RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I was going through some status messages and noticed the following error and  I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before. It appears that my environment is working, just thought it was odd. We don't currently manage any devices, so its not a critcal issue. I did some searching around and it appears that its related to an IIS setting, I'm just not sure which one.

MP Control Manager detected DMP is not responding to HTTP requests.  The http error is 12152.    Possible cause: DMP service is not started or not responding on all DMP physical machines.   Solution: Manually restart the SMS Agent Host service on the DMP.     Possible cause: IIS service is not responding.   Solution: Manually restart the W3SVC service on the MP.    For more information, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 838891. 

Thanks,

James

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• DMP= device management point. Are you managing haldheld devices? If not uninstall that role. If you are we can try to toubleshoot the error.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:01 PM
  • He doesn't manage handheld devices ...

jmassardo wrote:
    We don't currently manage any devices

I guess that this issue occurs on SMS 2003 according to the status message. Is this possible?

Friday, August 8, 2008 7:23 AM
  • We are running SCCM that isn't an upgrade from SMS.

We have a fair number of mobile devices in production, however we aren't currently managing them but there has been some talk about starting so I'd rather fix the error instead of just turning it off.

I've looked around quite a bit and haven't found a whole lot. I did find one KB article about SMS 2003 and its SPN in active directory but I would think if that was broke, there would be a lot of stuff that didn't work.

James

Friday, August 8, 2008 1:17 PM
  •  

If you found an article pointing to SPN issue as a possibility why not start there? It's easy to reregister them, if you are not sure how to do I think Jeff Gilbert has a blog on it.

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jgilbert/

Friday, August 8, 2008 5:31 PM
  •  John Marcum wrote:
    DMP= device management point. Are you managing haldheld devices? If not uninstall that role. If you are we can try to toubleshoot the error.

I looked thru my other management points and they all have the DMP role installed on them so I went ahead and tried to uninstall the role as John suggested and that did elemenate the error, however I decided to go ahead and reinstall the role to see if the error would come back and it did not. I would assume that there was something corrupt in the original install.

Thanks,

James

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:22 PM
  • I think it has something to do with the order in which things are installed. I went through the exact same process but ultimately decided to leave the role off since we are not using it

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:26 PM