Sharepoint 2007: Can't download large files RRS feed

• Question

• We have a 32-bit, Windows Server 2003 box running SharePoint 2007. We're working on replacing the server with 2008R2, but in the mean time, we cannot download large files (150MB-ish and higher).

We have set the large-file-chunk-size to 1073741824 and the IIS timeout to 1200 seconds (20 minutes). We also changed the FileSizeLimitInBytes (on the Windows 7 boxes) to 4294967295.

We've tried accessing the files through a few methods. Here they are (and their result):

1. Web browser (404)
    2. Path in Windows Explorer and copy (The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name.)
    3. Double-click (Adobe reader says, "There was an error opening this document. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.). Adobe reader says the same thing when I try to open the file through the Open menu

How do I get these files out of SharePoint? Thanks.

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

For this issue, I’m trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at it.

Thanks,
    Qiao
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

Since you mentioned the server is x86, are you seeing any out of memory messages in the application event logs on the server?

Also can you turn on app pool recycle logging: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/87892589-4eda-4003-b4ac-3879eac4bf48.mspx?mfr=true

If app pool recycling is occurring then check the thresholds on app pool recycles and increase them.  Be careful not to increase too much since x86 has a limited address space.

Long term fix is to move to an x64 based machine.

Of course there could be other things going on in your environment, this idea I just based on the information you’ve provided us so far.

Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:23 PM