Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade from Vista Ultimate. RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seam to find the answere for resolving the following issue from the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor: ISSUE - Windows Mail, Parental Controls (Web Filtering), and Ultimate Extras. I have gone in and disabled Ultimate Extras, Windows Mail and verified that parental controlas are not active on any of the computer accounts. I still get the same issue every time I run the upgrade advisor. I really would like some assistance in resolving the issue so I can do the upgrade versus a clean install since i purchased the 64 bit windows 7 upgrade.
    Mark Graham
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:09 PM

Answers

• this is no issue. It only tells you that those 3 features are not part of Windows 7.

Simply do the Upgrade and after the upgrade is finished install the Live Essentials.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roundup11 Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:50 PM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:12 PM

All replies

• this is no issue. It only tells you that those 3 features are not part of Windows 7.

Simply do the Upgrade and after the upgrade is finished install the Live Essentials.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Roundup11 Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:50 PM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 9:12 PM
  • Windows Mail will continue to be in Win 7 but get WLE 2011 as it updates Windows Mail.

You can legally do a fresh install by wiping the drive, install the Win 7 upgrade as a new install [don't put any serial number in]. Then install Windows 7 on top of Windows 7 upgrade. SEcond time around you can put in the serial number.

You must keep the Vista serial number and disc as proof you upgrade is legal.

There wasn't much in Ultimate Extras and they didn't bother [I think] in Windows 7 with it.

Monday, March 21, 2011 4:47 AM
  • I appreciate responses. I succeded with the ultimate upgrade.
    Mark Graham
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:47 PM