Deploying Office with Different Customized MSP's RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have always deployed Office through GPO's in the past and have some logistics questions with Office 2007 and SCE.

I want to deploy Office with 2 settings, one for StandAlone installations, and the other for SideBySide installations with Office 2003

I have investigated the use of the "/adminfile" and believe this to be the only option.

Do I have to create two full packages just to apply customized settings? Also by adding the /adminfile option do I disclude all the updates i have put in the Updates folder?

Can I continue to just add new updates to the Updates folder for new installs, or do I have to re-create the package everytime I update the Network Installation point.

I am just trying to get my head around how SCE works.

Do I
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, you need to create two different packages if you need different configuration files (MSP). As for updates, the updates that are in the "Updates" folder during the time you create the package will be applied at install time. I would then recommend to update your Office installation thought the SCE/WSUS updates.

Björn Axell MVP - Advisec AB
    http://blog.advisec.com
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:03 PM