Unable to Install Secondary Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Am doing an Secondary Site Installation from SCCM 2012 Primary Site Server.

During the Install it is showing the below errors.

Either the user account running Configuration Manager Setup does not have sysadmin SQL Server role permissions on the SQL Server instance selected for site database installation, or the SQL Server instance could not be contacted to verify permissions. Setup cannot continue.

The collation of the site database does not match the collation of the parent site's database.  All sites in a hierarchy must use the same database collation.

[Failed]:The logon account for the SQL Server service cannot be a local user account, NT SERVICE\<sql service name> or LOCAL SERVICE.  You must configure the SQL Server service to use a valid domain account, NETWORK SERVICE, or LOCAL SYSTEM.

I have checked it both the SQL Server 2012 Sp1 is installed with same collation value. But still it is showing error.

Also the Secondary  SQL Server Instance is running with the same domain logon account which is used in Primary Site Server SQL Instance.

And this account is having sysadmin permission for the secondary sql instance , but still am getting the error for role permission.

Finally the Install error log shows

ERROR: Failed to get local SQL Server connection for DB: MSSQLSERVER\master

ERROR: ADsOpenObject <LDAP://CN=System Management,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=com> return 0

ERROR: Failed to connect SQL Server sccmsite2.domain.com, Database MSSQLSERVER\master.

But the System Management container is provided full permission for both the site server hostname and the SCCM Installation account. Also both the computer account are member of Local Administrator group and both sql instance sysadmin role.

Also we are able to telnet to the secondary server on SQL port 1433, but I don't know why this message appears.

Can you help me out to fix this

Raj

Monday, February 17, 2014 9:01 PM

Answers

• Make sure the user that is running SQL instance has SPN registered in AD.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, March 3, 2014 5:06 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 8:49 AM

All replies