none
Cannot Open Project From browser after April 2018 patch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After installing April 2018 patch for MS Project 2016 I cannot open projects from Project Center anymore! Chrome and IE are alike.

I asked my colleagues to install it on their machines, and I have the same issue. Did anyone had the same problem?

Thanks,

Sohaib

<applies-to class="ng-scope ng-isolate-scope" ng-if="article.details.products.length || article.details.supportAreaPathNodes.length" products="article.details.products" saps="article.details.supportAreaPathNodes" style="box-sizing:inherit;font-family:'Segoe UI', SegoeUI, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:15px;"></applies-to>
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:42 AM

All replies

• Is this happening for all users?

Which browser are you using?

IS this On-prem or Online?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Hi Veera,

it is happening with anyone who installed February 2018, March 2018, and April 2018 patches for Project 2016. I couldn't stop the patches from spreading sooner, we are now 16 who are affected.

We tried IE, Edge, and Chrome, same result. Everyone is on Windows 10, we had a Win Server 2016 set for production testing and has the same set of results.

Finally it is On-Premise. We have project server 2013 with SP1 patched with Dec 2017 CU update.

Due to the significant amount of issues, I got the approval to open a ticket with Microsoft. I will keep you posted with results.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:59 PM
  • We are seeing the same issue on some plans- We are at March 2018 Server CU, On-Premise.

Mustaq

Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:29 PM