none
Windows Updates not Downloading

Question

• Hi,

We have just installed and licensed Windows 10 Professional OS on a laptop - which installed fine.

But,

when it checks for Windows Updates it says "We couldn’t install updates because there’s a problem with the date and time information on your device. Make sure that your date, time and time zone settings are correct and we’ll try again later."

I have been on a lot of different sites to remedy this problem but nothing helps. To help you I have tried the following ;

- Troubleshooting Windows Updates (Windows Update troubleshooter) - which said it fixed the issue but the issue still persists.

- I have checked "View your update history" but there isn't a history there.

- BIOS clock is fine - same Time and Date as on the OS Desktop.

- I have tried this fix from MS : microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53942 - issue still persists.

- Tried Changing the Time and Date Settings (even though they are correct) and didn't resolve issue.

- Tried  sfc /scannow   which found no problem.- Within Windows Update - the status shows NO error codes.

Can anyone help ?

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:31 PM

All replies

• The message asks you to check your Date , Time and Time Zone.

Would like to know if you had done that or not.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Hi

Yes, I have checked them. I cant see anything wrong as they are correct.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:16 PM
  • Just to make sure.
    Is the installed Win 10 Pro activated ?
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Yes, it activated this morning. But strangely later on, it asked to be activated.

After entering the activation key in again, it activated.

Within System, it does say Windows is Activated.

...Windows Updates though states it cannot download any updates because of the time / date settings???

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:48 PM
  • I am, for now, zeroing in on your copy of Win 10 Pro.

Does it come with an installation DVD and product key ?
    How or Where did you obtain the Win10 Pro ?
    Is the source legit ?

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:07 PM
  • Ok,

Product Key was bought separately.

Win 10 Pro was obtain from Microsofts site. Downloaded onto USB and installed on the laptop.

The source is legit as I've used the same USB Windows 10 Pro OS on 20+ laptops and never had this problem.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:18 PM
  • The installation software is not what I am after.

One can download an iso from any website for Free, burn it to a bootable media and use it to install.
    It WILL install. BUT, will it activate ?
    That requires a genuine product key to activate.

...........Product Key was bought separately..............

Never buy from any source which offers just a product key. The danger of counterfeit or "re-used" product key is extremely high.

Your product key is questionable. That's my personal opinion only.

• Edited by david hk129 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:02 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:38 PM
  • Try the following :

Save the text below as a batch file and run it - Restart your computer - Make sure windows update services is running (services.msc)

sc config wuauserv start= auto

sc config bits start= auto

sc config DcomLaunch start= auto

net stop wuauserv

net start wuauserv

net stop bits

net start bits

net start DcomLaunch

I hope it helps in your case !

I'm getting the same issue with one of our computers  ,

I have tried everything above and also can confirm that the licence is genuine and digitally assigned ,

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:45 AM