remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have group policies setup to make sure remost desktop is setup correctly. and it worked for over a year all of a sudden this one compuer does not want to let me connect to it. Its weird because all the correct registry settings are there, remote desktop enabled is checked. and there is no firewall turned on for that system. So everything is right and I can connect to other systems in this network. Just as of late 2 systems just dont want to respond for me. aside from formating the system I am at a loss, would appresiate any help. This is a windows xp sp3 machine. on a windows 2008 ad domain. The system even respondes to a ping.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:56 AM

All replies

• Remote desktop connection won't work [Solved]:
    http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-29611-remote-desktop-connection-won-t-work

By any chance is this a Dell with nvidia video cards?  If so try updating the nvidia card driver.  There's an issue where the driver will block rdp connections.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:45 AM
  • It is a dell but with a intel chipset video.   I will look at the link  you provided now.

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:18 PM
  • I double checked most of that stuff on the link was already fine or not related. I do notice now and not sure but today i cannot ping the system. from one of my systems. so going to look into that route.

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:45 PM