none
Change Folder Redirection to DFS location

Question

• Hi,

We recently installed and configured a DFS Replication. User Folders, such as Documents and Videos, are redirected to the netwerk. Since we have working DFS Replication, we added the Redirected User Folders to the Replication and DFS Namespace. I tried to change the Folder Redirection to the DFS Namespace (same location), but I can get it worked. After I changed the location, for instance "Documents", to the the DFS Namspace Path and I logged in again, the redirection isn't changed to the new location. In the eventviewer the following log appears:

"Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Videos" to "\\DFS\Data'\Users\Username".
    Redirection options=0x1001.

The following error occurred: "Kan de map niet verplaatsen omdat er zich een map in hetzelfde pad bevindt die niet kan worden omgeleid".
    Error details: "Toegang geweigerd."."

The error is Dutch. It should be something like "can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected".

I enabled the Policy "Verify old and new Folder Redirection targets point to the same share before redirecting". But this didn't solve the problem. 

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please be aware that there are a few scenarios  supported for user data profiles when used with DFS replication, some scenarios are not supported yet.

Would you please refer to the below link and compare with your IT deployment and settings to check if your scenario is supported.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2010/09/01/microsoft-s-support-statement-around-replicated-user-profile-data.aspx

If you have any concerns, feel free to post us.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:26 AM