Select Content Type field in Infopath 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have 2 content types linked to a SP2010 list. I'm unable to figure out how to add the field in Infopath 2010 which allows you to select which content type to use when editing the form. Any ideas?

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:46 PM

All replies

• You have 2 content types linked to a SP2010 list, so I assume you have allowed multiple content types (List Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Allow management of content types).

With that, it means you allow list items of different types to be listed under a single SharePoint list.

You can create items like this.

However, if you click on the "Add new item" hyper link, only the user interface of the "default" content type will be displayed.  this is the same for the (List -> Customize Form") button. 

So where should I go to specify my default content type?

• List Settings
    • Change new button order and default content type (within the content type section). change the position. the one with 1 is the default content type.

When you are trying to modify an existing list item, the interface to modify that list item is always the same as how the list item was created. In other words, the type is defined when it is created.

Monday, April 30, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Thanks Jason,

However, I've done all the steps you describe but what i'm attempting is when editing an existing item I need the option to select a different content type than the default to complete the item - this field is available on the standard sharepoint list form but i cannot find it on infopath.

Tom Hamilton

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 10:21 AM