Cannot connect to the configuration database. After detaching Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

i had to move our SharePoint Databases from C:\ to D:\ on our Database Server (dont worry its only a Testconfiguration, but its already used, so i would be really happy to NOT reinstall the whole System!). Sounds easy, so i thought, thats why i quiesced the Farm, even shut down the whole Server (MOSS 2007) and detached all Databases. After i did so, i moved the MDF / LOG Files over the Fileexplorer to the new destination and attached the MDF / LOG files at our MS SQL Server again.

So far so good, all Pages works without problem. Except the Central Administration. If i try to access (For example: http://servername:10000/) i will get the Error Message "Cannot connect to the configuration database". Do i have to do something after attaching the Databases again? I just wonder because the other WebApplications of the SharePoint Server run without Problems.

btw. if i try to "stsadm -o unquiescefarm" i will get:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

btw#2 if i try to "stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http://servername:10000 -databasename DATABASE_Content_CentralAdmin" i will get:

The Farm is unaviable
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:11 PM

Answers

• Found the Solution myself,

you have to grant the MSSQL User which will be used as Administrator of your SharePoint Farm, full Access to the all SharePoint Databases (db_owner). Just go into your MS SQL Security -> Logins -> and select your overall Administrator Account of your SharePoint Farm -> Properties -> Mappings -> And there add to every line in the Window above a sign to "db_owner". Finish

Please note that the user and Databases could be named otherwise then mine so you have to check it yourself.
    • Marked as answer by The_Holy_One Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:45 PM