SCOM 2016 integration with service now RRS feed

• Question

• We have plans to integrate SCOM 2016 with Service now, what are the possible ways of integration?

Internal connector is the only option? or do we have any other methods of integration to avoid the internal connector cost?

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:38 PM

Answers

• A quick google search shows that it seems a connector created by Servicenow themselves does exist... I guess it's free if you have a currently licensed and supported version of SN, but can't be sure as I don't myself.
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

were you able to integrate SCOM and ServiceNow? Can you please share your feedback here and mark all the answers that helped you. Let's help others, who are seeking a solution.

A big thanks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Monday, August 13, 2018 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I am concerned, a internal connector is a must. Without connector, we could not integrate them. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hello There,

Its good question and i can suggest something here, I am working on SCOM and i did integration of my SCOM with Moogsoft via using Perl script without using LAMS ( generally connector ). 

So this is a possible way if you can do Perl script or anything other method to send data from SCOM to SNOW either you can also send data via using mails to SNOW and can apply a method on SNOW to read that mail and convert them into an alert ( as one of colleague did in same way ).

As i know connector is basically used to send/fetch data From SCOM to SNOW and Since SNOW is based on cloud and there is a MID server acting between Moogsoft to SNOW in my case. And i thought same will be applicable to SCOM to SNOW to writing incident number against the alert number.

But in the end i suggest you to if you and you do not have scripting in your blood like me then done a integration using connector since it is easy , well documents, and support provided too.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

• Proposed as answer by GouravIN Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:40 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:40 AM
  • thank you for you response.

Webconsole integration is possible in scom?

Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:53 AM
  • hi thanks for your response.

I'm not a scripting expert. I will look for the free connectors available in the market. do you know any which are free and effective?

Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:54 AM
  • A quick google search shows that it seems a connector created by Servicenow themselves does exist... I guess it's free if you have a currently licensed and supported version of SN, but can't be sure as I don't myself.
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Agree with CyrAz.

We are in the early stages of doing the same, but I'll refrain posting anything until we reach to a working solution. I'll update the thread with it later.

For external connectors, the one commonly used is from Evanios, which was free earlier but not anymore I believe.

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:28 AM
  • SN connector is not free, it is licensed per year. has anyone tried through Operations manager shell queries?
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:42 PM
  • I have not used shell query but i did doe via Perl. And i required lot of efforts to done this because to send a alert to service now you need define everything to understand SNOW like if this description of alert will come then it need to this other wise that. 

So i already suggested you need a solid scripting hands on to define and generate everything. And on top this in current world you can do integration via shell ( As it can also forward all the alert and it send all the object in alert coz it bases on .NET object ) and any scripting language. But the main concern is need ask yourself sir how you are gone fetch all the alert and how you are gonna define all in SNOW to create action. If you can answer these 2 things and can code then its 100% sure you can integrate with any Scripting language.  

Cheers, Gourav (Please do take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!) or find my Facebook and LinkedIn link in profile.

Friday, March 2, 2018 4:02 AM
  • Hi Rose,

Do we have any update over it, Could you please close the thread by marking the most appropriate answer as a answer as per you. 

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:43 AM
  • Hi Gourav, any clue on the updates of scom tickets to service now without moogsoft? can you let us know in details
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 3:03 PM
  • Could you please elaborate what is your concern is , i didn't get that

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:00 AM
  • We have integrated though System Center Orchestrator and a 3rd party Orchestrator Integration Pack from Kelverion.

There is a cost.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:17 PM
  • SN in my organization has come up with a plan- read the data from Alert table in SCOM DB. one way integration. Raise ticket based on the new entry added in the Alert table. I'm not sure if Microsoft will support this method or not. any thoughts?
    Friday, June 8, 2018 9:35 AM
  • One way you can utilize is the custom based script and configure it in command channel notifications.
    Friday, June 8, 2018 1:18 PM
  • Hi,

were you able to integrate SCOM and ServiceNow? Can you please share your feedback here and mark all the answers that helped you. Let's help others, who are seeking a solution.

A big thanks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Monday, August 13, 2018 2:37 PM
  • Hi,

more on the topic and also ressources:

Configure the SCOM connector instance

A nice overview and summary of the available infos:

SCOM Integration with Service Now

Hope we were able to help. 

Regards,

Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:23 AM