none
Planning resources for a single project during the holidays. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I got serveral projects, with a lot of resources. I plan my resources on there role. My resources work on several projects.

For example:

I got 12 resources with the same role. For all the projects I got three resources. All my resources shared the same calendar.

Project A 3 resources

Project B 3 resources

Project C 3 resources

Project D 3 resources

But we need to catch up with project A, so we have decided we need to work during the summer holiday.

I took the following steps:

1. Made a copy of the project calendar. Removed the holiday and named it: 'Work summer 2015 calendar'. I added this calendar to project A.

2. For all tasks which I want to take place during the holiday I changed the task calendar from none to: Work summer 2015 calendar. After setting the task calendar, I checked the box ignore resource calendar with schedulling. 

For so far the work is planned in the holiday like i wanted to. After checking a resource graph in Microsoft Project 2010 the work is also planned during the holiday. 

After publishing the project to the project server and checking te resource center, the work I planned for the holiday wasn't visible in the resource center views. After some testing I gues the views availiable in the resource center based there calculations and there graphics on the resource calendar.

Is there a posibility to plan work during the holiday without changing the resource calendar because I only want that the resources of project A work trough the holiday.

I hope you guys could help me with this.

Best regards,

Ruben

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:33 AM

All replies

• Ruben --

I am not clear where you are looking when you refer to the Resource Center views.  You need to be looking at the View Availability page and the View Assignments page in PWA?  Are you looking at those pages and not seeing the correct resource work during the summer holiday?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Hi Dale, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking in the graphs in the resource center.

- Work per project

-Work per resource

-Remaining availibility

- Work

I was looking in the 'work per project view' and there the work I planned was not visible. After I did a small test I found out that the resource center calculates on base of the resource calendar.

Best regards

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:37 PM