MSP2007 Change Working Time, "reverse calendar" for April 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• This is a trivial but annoying problem. Say, in MSP2007, I want to create a "reverse calendar" for April 2011. I want all of the week days to be non-working days, except 22, 25, 26. I want all of the Saturdays and Sundays to be non-working days except 23 and 24, which will be working days. I want to have a task named “Easter long weekend” that uses this calendar as the task calendar, have a MSO date constraint on the 22 and a duration of 5 days, ie 5 working days as measured by the task calendar, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. That is, in April we have a 5 day weekend from the 22nd to 26, inclusive. I create a new calendar by copying the standard calendar. I select 1st to 21st and create an exception. I select 27th to 30th and create another exception. I click the work weeks tab, start a new line named Saturday 23 and attempt to make Saturday 23 a working day with Details, select the day, select “set days to these specific working times” and type in the times. No luck. The times are there but they just won’t stick. I tried the same thing with Saturday and Sunday together, and it works for Sunday but it just won’t stick for Saturday. I give up. Suggestions? TIA.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Trevor,

I did what you ask for, only I made 23 and 24 working days NOT by going to work weeks but by normal Exceptions, details, and it worked well. Why would you go to work weeks for a single saturday?

Greetings,

• Marked as answer by Mike Glen Tuesday, December 6, 2011 4:10 PM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:05 AM