none
How to get rid of that pop-up at Windows startup RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I restart my computer that absurd pop-up is displayed, wanting me to sign up for TEAMS. This is a personal computer and I'm a TEAM OF ONE so I need Teams like I need another hole in my head, and I really want to get rid of that incipit Pop-up.  I managed to get rid of it once, but I due to an OS failure I had to restore a backup, and now it's back. I haven't signed up for it so I can't just uninstall it because it isn't actually installed on my computer.

I can't remember how I managed to get rid of it, so can someone tell me how to do that?

Capt. Dinosaur

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Right click on the icon the system tray. Select settings and uncheck "Auto-start application"
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:31 PM
  • Or Uninstall from Control Panel then Add Remove Programs. Microsoft Teams. 

Thomas Faherty

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:38 PM
  • "Right click on the icon the system tray. Select settings and uncheck "Auto-start application"

The above was not a choice on the right click context menu.

"Or Uninstall from Control Panel then Add Remove Programs. Microsoft Teams."

Yo DUH!!!  In my ever advancing senility, I kept searching for "Teams" in the uninstaller, instead of "Microsoft Teams".  Pin the booby prize wooden medal on me!  Your suggestion made me realize that that was how I removed it before the failure.  Guys, don't get old, old age is a B*&$#, and it AIN'T FOR SISSIES!  When I tell people to not get old they usually reply, "It's better than the alternative".  Maybe not, since no one has ever come back to tell us whether or not the alternative is better. LMAO

Capt. Dinosaur

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:57 PM
  • I had a feeling when I read this that you had probable looked for it under Teams. This reply was still a good laugh though. Glad I could help out. 

Thomas Faherty

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:28 PM