none
Internet Explorer Not Working Right RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure what's going on but for some reason the past month IE has been giving me these error messages "an unexpected error has happened and IE has to close"...... I was getting that message every time I tried to open a webpage.   Now it's gotten worse...it just sits there with that circle turning round and round...every time I try and login to any site, or try to upload a file to fiverr, facebook, youtube or sites like that, I get that message.  Please tell me what to do to fix this problem.  Thanks

Monday, December 2, 2013 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there a “Click here” link after the error message? If yes, then please click it for detailed information.

Here some solutions you can have a try:

1. Test with no add-ons mode.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.
    • Under Show, tap or click All Add-ons, and then disable all of them by tapping or clicking each one, and then selecting Disable.
    • Tap or click Close.
    •  Restart Internet Explorer and test.

2. Reset IE for a test.

3. Please keep your PC up-to-date, especially the security updates for IE.

4. A program installed in your PC may conflict with IE, to eliminate this, please test IE in clean boot mode, if it disappeared in IE, then we can narrow down to find the cause, please refer to:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:15 AM