Site owner (Site collection admin) in sharepoint content DB? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can you please let me know where the site collection administarator information stored in sharepoint content database? I mean in which table / column?  I'm having MOSS2007 and SQL 2005.

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi abc67,

Yes, you can go to dbo.UderInfo table find the user information details. tp_SiteAdmin column will be set to true if he/she is a site collection administrator.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, March 11, 2011 5:59 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 11:44 AM

All replies

• The information is stored in UserData table but I do not suggest you directly touch SharePoint database. You can lose Microsoft support.
    Oleg
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Oleg. I do understand that. but i'm still not able to fined that infoamation. UserData means dbo.UserInfo table you are talking about? Please let know the table name and if possible than column name as well. I'm not able to find it so.

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:52 PM
  • I am afraid the information is stored in multiple columns and maybe not just in this table. What are you requirements? There is a lot of another ways to work with SharePoint users.
    Oleg
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:02 PM
  • I'm looking for the all the site collections with the name of the site owners which has particular AD group (not sharepoint group ). So I worte a query which is returning all the site collections as per my requirement but I'm not able to find the site collection admin for those. I know there is a way to find site owners through STSADM but it gives me all the site collections and their owners which is not my requirement. I need just those site collections which has particular AD group and their site owners. Please advice.

Thanks,

Moderator Note: Wait *at least* three full work days before bumping any post.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:09 PM Moderator Note added following a bump after 17 hours with no extra information
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:20 PM
  • Hi abc67,

Yes, you can go to dbo.UderInfo table find the user information details. tp_SiteAdmin column will be set to true if he/she is a site collection administrator.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, March 11, 2011 5:59 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 11:44 AM