locked
Windows Phone 7 Exchange 2003 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have a Windows phone 7 syncing via exchange activesync to a exchange 2003 server. I know that the GAL lookup doesn't work. However the notes for the NoDo update state that that is resolved. I am not sure how as I still can't search GAL ( seach company directory in WM6.5) either in the phone app or outlook mobile. Am I doing something icorrectly. How is it supposed to work and can someone confirm they have it working.

    Thanks,.

    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:38 AM

Answers

  • Finally got it working I too have the seach outlook directory feature in both mail and phone apps. I didn't delete anything I just turned the phone off ( Goodbye) and back on again a few times than magically it apeared. All I need now is a VPN client and RDP client and I will be rocking the same as my WM6.5.

     

     

    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:19 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 2:51 PM

All replies

  • I am also having that problem.  I just got the NoDo update and was expecting the search of the GAL to be fixed and it wasn't.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:39 AM
  • Okay I fixed it.  I deleted my Exchange settings and readded them.  Now when I hit the plus button I have the Outlook Directory.  Try that.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:58 AM
  • Ryan, which settings have you deleted and added? Could you describe more about it?

    Thanks!

    James Luo

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Finally got it working I too have the seach outlook directory feature in both mail and phone apps. I didn't delete anything I just turned the phone off ( Goodbye) and back on again a few times than magically it apeared. All I need now is a VPN client and RDP client and I will be rocking the same as my WM6.5.

     

     

    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:19 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 2:51 PM
  • If you press and hold Outlook under email & accounts you get two options, sync and delete.  I choose delete, and then reentered all my account settings for out exchange environment.  (user name, password, domain, and server).

    I tried to restart mine several times but that didn't work thats why I deleted the mail profile and readded it.  Worked right away after that.

    • Proposed as answer by rmorgan999 Monday, April 18, 2011 12:17 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:59 AM
  • I got this working on both my WP7 handsets following the NoDo updates (HTC Mozart and LG E900 Optima 7) by doing the following AFTER ensuring everything is synced up:

    1. Disconnect from any network (I use airplane mode)

    2. Delete your Outlook account from the handset

    3. Remove your Exchange Activesync account from the server (delete in mobileadmin - you will need your Exchange admins to do this for you)

    4. Connect handset back to network

    5. Re-add your Exchange account details

    6. Once sync is complete, the search GAl option appears first time

    I didn't lose any data during this process, or get any dreaded copies of appointments in my calendar. Hope it works for you.

     



    Monday, April 18, 2011 12:21 PM