Proccessing "Please wait while your changes are processed" page can't be displayed RRS feed

• Question

• I'm upgradeing from 2007 to 2010 it is a vm box.  I created a clone of the sharpoint server and I'm on the lastpart of the upgrade where you click on the farm configuration wizard. It should show me the central Administration configure your share point farm but it doesn't it takes me to a page can't be displayed.  Does anyone know why this is happening the only error i see in the event logs is event id 6622 but the processing takes forever and then just bombs out, should I be opening a port on the new server?
    Monday, March 5, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Burgy8927,

From your description , there are some reasons for you can’t access to Central Administration. I will only give you some suggestions to you.

1. go to your IIS (Internet Information Services),make sure your application and application poll not stop, if stopped , please restart it.
    2. Connect to your SQL server, make sure the SQL server is work well.
    3. Do you have some web fronts? Please add all web fronts to server farm.

You can refer to the following link, read more about upgrading to SharePoint Server 2010.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303420.aspx

Thanks,

Jack  

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:53 AM

All replies

• Has anyone seen this issue before while they are upgrading to 2010?? if so any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm stuck at this point
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:26 PM
  •  

Hi Burgy8927,

From your description , there are some reasons for you can’t access to Central Administration. I will only give you some suggestions to you.

1. go to your IIS (Internet Information Services),make sure your application and application poll not stop, if stopped , please restart it.
    2. Connect to your SQL server, make sure the SQL server is work well.
    3. Do you have some web fronts? Please add all web fronts to server farm.

You can refer to the following link, read more about upgrading to SharePoint Server 2010.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303420.aspx

Thanks,

Jack  

Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:53 AM