none
Setup IE lockdown using content advisor.

Question

• Hello, 

I need to create an IE lock down group policy to block all internet access for some users but allow exception for specified work related internet websites and also allow the internal websites

Please advise how this can be probably done.  If content advisor can do the trick, how does it wokr>  

Many thanks. 

Nav
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

Thanks for your post.

> Please advise how this can be probably done.  If content advisor can do the trick, how does it work

According to my knowledge, we could refer to the following steps to use content advisor:

Firstly, we need to enable Content Advisor in Group Policy because of the Internet Explorer 10 and 11.

The location is as below:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Content Page

Then we could set content advisor in Internet Properties.

Note: this function is no longer supported starting with Windows 10 Version 1607.

More information please refer to the following link:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-content-advisor-internet-explorer-10-11

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope above information can help you. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:56 AM