KB4018367 crashing SfB 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We've noticed recently that after applying the recent update KB4018367 that SfB crashes when a user clicks on the IM alert in the systray.  When we remove this update, the issue goes away.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:11 AM

Answers

• Logged a call with Microsoft.

Workaround Solution:
    Copy the MSO40UIwin32client.dll from c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16 on a working machine to the same location on affected machines and replace the existing file.
    • Marked as answer by JLai Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi JLai,

I have test it in my lab, I do not have this problem.

My test lab is window 10

You could operate a clean boot in your PC,to eliminate software conflicts

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 8, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Hi Leon,

We've found that it is only affecting our Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and Surface laptops.  Our Dell laptops and desktops are not affected.  Even when we apply KB4022155 which supercedes KB4018367 it then crashes again.

I will try the clean boot.

Thanks.

Friday, June 15, 2018 12:25 AM
  • Hi JLai,

You could try to uninstall this update or KB , i met lots of issue after installing the update or KB recently.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 15, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, June 15, 2018 11:38 AM
  • It now seems that we have to remove KB4018323 and KB4018323 and not apply the latest KB4025515.

We will probably have to raise a call with Microsoft Premier Support.
    Monday, June 18, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Logged a call with Microsoft.

Workaround Solution:
    Copy the MSO40UIwin32client.dll from c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16 on a working machine to the same location on affected machines and replace the existing file.
    • Marked as answer by JLai Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Thanks for your sharing

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:15 AM