none
Unable to configure prevent users from changing desktop background RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured the GPO to apply the wallpaper and the configuration details through BGInfo logon script. It is working fine as expected. But, it left the user with permission to change the desktop background wallpaper. I could not restrict it with any other settings. Is this how the BGInfo works? Or, do we have any other option to get this done? Please advise.
    Monday, April 20, 2020 3:33 PM

All replies

• As long as bginfo runs with the user's permission, there is nothing else you can do, as the user's need that permission in order to change the wallpaper.

But you could create a scheduled task running as admin and have that task changing the wallpaper on user's desktop. that way you could eventually create a policy to disable user's permission to change the wallpaper leaving that permission to administrators..

if users are local admin, well that's game over.. a local admin could do whatever he wants..

HTH

-mario

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:36 AM
  • Hello Aaris_Md,

I'm facing a similar issue when deploying BGInfo. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:37 PM
  • Hello Aaris_Md,

I'm facing a similar issue when deploying BGInfo. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:38 PM