none
Step conditions registry RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

Problem,

Trend Micro force pushes onto Virtual environment thru deployment share, need to create a password prompt so that only members of our Computer department can disable Trend from coming down.  We use Deep Security on our Virtual boxes now.

Solution:

Create a script that has an input box and then I check the value entered vs the password in the script and determine whether or not you can disable trend, then write a registry value.

My problem is the Task sequence doesn't seem to taking my step conditions properly.  Does anyone have an example?

Also....  Where are the logs for this stuff?  I know about the logs under C:\Windows\Temp.  Since this isn't in the install applications action, where would the logs be for identifying step conditions?

Also what is the sequence for checking the conditions?  Does this happen at every step or in the beginning?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:45 PM

All replies

• Can you post your BDD.log to something like OneDrive?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:11 PM
  • I figured it out.... I was writing a different key in my script than I was looking for in the condition.  I'll look thru that BDD.log just out of curiosity later. I got pulled to a different project.

Thanks for replying,

Tim

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:59 PM
  • During the task sequence look in C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS for your logs

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:37 PM
  • I should have read this more carefully before I replied.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:35 PM